The default browser on my phone dosent work properly. It keeps saying an error has occured. I use opera mini to view the internet. But It bothers me that the default browser isn't working. I have an 8330 btw. If that makes any difference
    07-04-09 12:33 PM
    i have 1200 minutes...10 MyCircle numbers....and NW start at 7pm...i use about 400-500 minutes...once when i was out of town for a month, i used about 1000 anytime min, 3000Mycircle and prolly another 1000 NW min

oh yea, i have unlt txt and data...and prolly use about 1000 txts a month or so

In order for everything to work correctly, you need the correct carrier plan support. The default Internet Browser uses BlackBerry Internet Service.

The simplest way to confirm if it is present, does your Email and BlackBerry Messenger work correctly? In not, contact your carrier about your plan.

If that does work, we can focus on possible Browser configuration issues.
    07-04-09 12:59 PM
    The default browser on my phone dosent work properly. It keeps saying an error has occured. I use opera mini to view the internet. But It bothers me that the default browser isn't working. I have an 8330 btw. If that makes any difference
    Well, I have the same problem today. I just tried to get on and it said it's not available so I think there's an issue. I re-tried and was able to get on okay. Don't panic yet!!!
    07-04-09 01:09 PM
    In order for everything to work correctly, you need the correct carrier plan support. The default Internet Browser uses BlackBerry Internet Service.

The simplest way to confirm if it is present, does your Email and BlackBerry Messenger work correctly? In not, contact your carrier about your plan.

If that does work, we can focus on possible Browser configuration issues.
    I have the right plan, cuz I've had the same plan with alltel for a while. and my internet has been working just fine up until a couple days ago.
    07-04-09 04:19 PM
    I use opera mini to view the internet. ...

default browser isn't working. ...
    Opera mini does not use BIS, it uses data from your carrier.

The question is, can use use BlackBerry Email?
    07-04-09 04:31 PM
    I have been having this issue recently as well, since the night of the BIS update. I have 5 bars of service and am always on EDGE, yet my browser and BBM is slower than ever while everything else is working at their normal speed. My default browser works intermittenly. Sometimes the browser is messing up and I get the message "A communication error has occured" and when it does work, my BBM doesn't work properly. (I sent a BBM to a friend Thursday night, come Friday night it was still "sending".) My email is working fine, as well as all of my apps that require BIS connection. It is just my browser and BBM that are acting up.

At first I thought it was my OS but when I upgraded I still had the problem.

I ended up downgrading, then upgrading my OS, clearing my cache, call log, email inbox, text message inbox, and event log (yes, I know, not the brightest idea,) registered my Host Routing Table, resent my service books from BOTH my Blackberry and T-Mobile's BIS site, and did a battery pull after all of this was done. Nothing fixed the problem.

I've given up and am just dealing with it. I'm glad that the Curve has Wifi, otherwise I wouldn't be able to browse the web 95% of the time. If anyone can come up with a solution though, I would love to hear it.

(not trying to hijack your thread OP, just stating that I've been having the same problem as well.)
    Last edited by KasiCatastrophe; 07-04-09 at 05:50 PM.
    07-04-09 05:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD