Long story made short, I have had my BB since July and VZW never put me on a BB data plan, I was on the standard email and web plan ( had a MotoQ before BB). They called last night telling me about this and explaining that they were changing it blah, blah , blah. I reset my phone and the problems start rolling in. When my phone comes back up I see that I suddenly have the Facebook app. Knowing that thos app is the source of a lot of problems I go into my app list only to discover that I cannot get rid of it. I then get a phone call, which I answer and am rudely greeted with the speaker phone blast that I *thought* I was lucky enough to not have to deal with. I call tech support about these issues and they give me the same old story about how I just have to deal with it until there is another OS update. I clued them in that there have been a few newer OS's, and they act completely shocked by it.

Fast forward to this morning; I wake up and check my email and it takes 20 minutes because my phone keeps freezing. My free memory is 30mb, and I have done several battery pulls, registered and resent service books. *Grump*

Thanks for *listening*, any tips and tricks are welcome. I know I am not the only one suffering with this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-17-08 06:48 PM
    As far as Facebook goes, it won't contribute to issues as long as you don't install it.
    12-17-08 06:50 PM
    facebook is just a service book just hide the icon. you can try to update the os to get rid of the speakerphone problem
    12-17-08 06:51 PM
    Berry is correct, don't install the application and hide the icon...
    12-17-08 06:52 PM
    Ok, the facebook thing - a service book, each time you send your service book, this comes, you can delete it, sure, but each time you send em, it will come back, I hide mine, as long as yhou dont install it, its fine, doesnt do a thing.

The speaker blast, alot of people are having this lately Ive noticed with verizon, and the only fix Ive been able to gather is an updated 4.5 which, as you said, you have to wait, or, you could always downgrade, but then youd lose video and html email

the 30mb is fine for free memory, just stay above 12, and you are golden, the email thing may be an unrelated issue, how were they the rest of the day?
    12-17-08 06:53 PM
    Don't you love the fact that the carriers never know about the updates. I've been hearing ' next week ' for 4 weeks. Hope the phone straightens out for you.
    12-17-08 06:53 PM
    I am a 8330 sprint cost, I am not sure if VZW released 4.5 yet, but 4.5 is the latest OS and currently 8330 is being sold with 4.3 on board so VZW is correct about that., you are correct facebook is the cause of alot of problems for alot of people thankfully I am not one of them. Facebook i belive is part of the intergrated OS packagel, I have tried to get ride of facebook in the past then go to reset my phone just to find it still on the pone.

It does sound like you have hardwaer issues that probably should be resloved by a visit to your loccal VZW store.
    12-17-08 06:55 PM
    Wow!! Thanks!!

I haven't even clicked on facebook, so I will go hide that now, thanks for that info.

Rachel-My phone has been freezing all freaking day, everytime I try to do something the evil hourglass pops up and stays for 30 seconds to 5minutes.

12-17-08 06:57 PM
    What apps do you have running? and what OS are you on?
    12-17-08 06:58 PM
    Everytime you reset your device, it will come back. Just hide it...
    12-17-08 06:58 PM
    I am running 4.5.0.77 and the only 3rd party app I have is Viigo.

12-17-08 06:59 PM
    Maybe the rest of the night, and in the AM, see how your phone operated without viigo installed...
    12-17-08 07:00 PM
    I hate Facebook too! I deleted it using max mem because, I did not want to reinstall my OS. Of course, I deleted max mem after I got rid of other things I did not like or want. :-)

12-17-08 07:00 PM
    I have google talk, too, but I swear that's it :P

12-17-08 07:01 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/new...nguage-106355/

thats the latest OS for the 8330, its up to you if you feel a new OS would work, I have no idea, nor guarantee it would solve the speaker blast issue you are having
    12-17-08 07:02 PM
    Don't leave Google Talk online for awhile and see how your memory does...
    12-17-08 07:02 PM
    Signed off of Google Talk and deleted Viigo. My memory is up to 35mb and the phone is still freezing. Grrrrrrrr

12-17-08 08:00 PM
    anything different in this new OS that 4.5 doesn't have? Trying to see if its worth downloading

as for morbids issue, make sure ur viigo has the latest update because I believe theey have addressed a lot of the hourglass issues with the lastest update about 2 or 3 weeks ago
    12-17-08 08:55 PM
    no apps really cause problms unless they are signed on or opened. That goes for viigo, facebook, etc. Facebook is continuously meant to be signed on in the background. But if u log off of it, it should have no affect on ur device with the exception of the space it takes up just having it there.
    12-17-08 08:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD