Hi,
    I have a Curve on US Cellular and my problem is I can only hear people through the speaker phone feature, the headset ear piece does not work. Does anyone think it might be a software issue (and yes I did a battery pull already) or is it a hardware issue? Anyone else have this problem?? And I went to the store and they told me it was a Blackberry issue,,, UGH!!
    Thanks
    01-25-09 04:54 PM
    More likely a hardware issue. Whomever you talked to at the store is a lazy sales rep. I would complain about them and ask for a new device.
    01-25-09 04:58 PM
    Hardware people will tell you it's the software...and software people will tell you it's the hardware. What OS are you running on? (Options>About)

Either way, the person at the store should've provided you with better service....like replacing the device.
    Last edited by PRB7763; 01-25-09 at 05:00 PM.
    01-25-09 04:58 PM
    I am not sure which operating system, it is my daughter's phone and we just got it last month. So I would guess it is the most recent OS,,,
    01-25-09 05:05 PM
    Wow, that guy at the store should be fired. Most reps will replace the phone for you if its practically new. Plus a speaker defect qualifies under the one year manufacturers warranty. I usually tell anyone who has a major issue like this within the first 3 months of owning the phone that it should be replaced. These issues should not come up on new devices within a matter of months.
    01-25-09 05:15 PM
    go back and complain.
    01-25-09 05:27 PM
    Thanks for your help so far and I did not know if I would be out of line to demand a new phone, but after hearing it from you guys I am going in there tomorrow and demanding a new phone!!
    01-25-09 06:02 PM
    Please let me know how it goes. I bought mine (8900) from Manny at gsmhookup and didn't get a receipt and haven't contacted him yet, but I have the same issue as you.

I know it's not the firmware/software. I've not only reloaded my software but tried different versions. I've also done the battery pulls etc.

This happened to me a few times when it was less than a week old, but worked again after a reboot. Now it seems permanent

My speakerphone works, and when I plug in the headphones, it works, but the normal ear speaker on the actual handset doesn't work!
    02-02-09 02:39 PM
    I would def go back to the store you purchased it at and demand a replacement. You should have at least 30 days to swap it out. The rep that helped you really should get reamed out for his horrible service. Worst case senerio if its over a month is to contact RIM since you have a year manufacturer warranty.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-02-09 02:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD