Alright so here is the short story. I've had my curve for about a month, and I took it apart to put my colorware faceplate and stuff on it. Ever since then if I put it in sleep mode then I take it out of sleep mode real quick (like I get a text or something) the LED light will come on and stay red and the screen will go black then I need to restart my phone. Then if I put my phone down and the bottom gets hit to hard the same thing will happen. I have no clue why its doing that and its getting really annoying. Any ideas anyone?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-31-09 07:22 PM
    Try wiping the device and reloading the OS.
    01-31-09 07:25 PM
    You could have knocked something loose inside. When I had my pearl my kid stepped on it and it did that and eventually woupd not come on at all. They said I prob knocked the board loose. Unfortunately you may have voided your warranty with the colorware. Not sure though.

01-31-09 07:26 PM
    To be more specific about the problem I had, if I put the phone on the counter and wasn't super careful it would black out w red light on. Battery pull and back on.

01-31-09 07:29 PM
    Maybe you shouldn't use it as a kong replacement.
    01-31-09 08:29 PM
    Sounds almost like the battery isn't making good contact with the phone's contact pins inside the battery compartment.

Take the battery out and make sure the contact points in the phone and on the battery are clean and shiny. You can gently buff them with a pencil eraser to clean them, or use a swab lightly moistened w/isopropyl alcohol.
    01-31-09 08:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD