Well, ok, not really. But I was in a particularly nasty rollover yesterday and my Curve actually survived. I think it actually flew out of the car! Its all scratched up and the trackball is sticky because I think there's dirt jammed in it. But it still works!

I don't know if I should get a new one, since the 8320 is coming on AT&T shortly or just fix up this one with a new trackball and case. I was waiting for the Bold but I don't know if its worth waiting for anymore.

- LC

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-08 01:58 PM
    Glad you are ok.
    09-15-08 02:07 PM
    Glad to hear you are ok.
    09-15-08 02:11 PM
    "Nasty Rollover"? I would be at home still sobbing, and you're online!!! Glad to hear you're ok, and the same to your BB. Take care!!!
    09-15-08 02:23 PM
    Glad to hear you both are fine.
    09-15-08 02:26 PM
    Good to hear you both made it through. I understand you dilemma because I love my pearl (who needs a new case) but I also want to wait for the bold whenever it may show.
    09-15-08 02:35 PM
    Glad you are ok but be sure to get checked out properly if you did not already. As pertains to the BB, can you not file against the insurance policy? Not sure of your policy but I am guessing you are way above the deductible. Kind of seems unimportant compared to how horrific things could have been.
    Take care.
    09-15-08 03:03 PM
    Thank god your okay..
    09-15-08 03:06 PM
    i glad you are ok!
    09-15-08 03:13 PM
    Glad you are ok.
    09-15-08 04:33 PM
    Man that sounds crazy!!! I'm so glad that you made it through ok.
    09-15-08 04:42 PM
    Dittos on the glad ur OK. Can always get another BB. Getting you to start breathing again after you stop isn't as easy.

09-15-08 04:49 PM
    Glad you and the BB survived!!!
    09-15-08 06:37 PM
    Glad you're both ok! Sounds like it could have been real nasty for you & the 'berry'. Take care.
    09-15-08 07:25 PM
    Very happy that YOU are OK. The phone should not
    matter at all in this situation.
    09-15-08 07:36 PM
    well said.
    09-15-08 07:42 PM
    great that you are ok; i didn't catch how your curve saved your life.
    09-15-08 08:03 PM
    ...Me too I was least looking for something like "my car rolled over and my berry flew out the window and I was able to reach and dial to call 911 via voice command and the EMS came and saved us before we suffocated"

Something along those lines based on the title.

09-15-08 08:12 PM
    Well, establishing priorities here seem to be the theme. You didn't indicate if you were injured but, after spending some 40 years going to roll-overs I never ceased to be amazed!! I will tell you what I have been telling patients for a long time: tomorrow, you are going to find muscles that you never knew you had or had forgotten about. Oh, yeah! As for the berry - give it some tender loving care and file a claim with your auto insurance company. Damaged property just like your car. And then, take care!!
    09-15-08 08:44 PM
    Was the BB at all responsible for the rollover? :-)
    09-15-08 09:52 PM
    Exactly. Everyone is OK, thank goodness. I did get checked out and everything with me is OK although I did get a minor concussion and I have a nasty lump on my head as well as plenty of aches and pains today. Most importantly, my 17mo old daughter was in the car with us and thank God she was properly buckled and her car seat was properly installed, she is 100% OK with just a couple small bruises to show for what happened. We all were wearing our seatbelts as well. They think we rolled 4-5 times! I hit a guard rail doing 70mph and it flipped the car up and rolled it (it was a big newer Denali). My grandmother and mother were also with me and they are both fine but fared a little worse than my daughter and I, but miraculously there was NO broken bones! None of the airbags deployed in the Denali either, which we are now talking to GM about.

I didn't think about claiming a new BB on insurance. We already need a new car seat which we are going to claim on the insurance.

And I did say "not really" when it comes to the BB saving me. But really, I was amazed that the phone had to have flown out of the car (it was set in the center console, I was NOT using it at the time) and yet it suffered minor damage and most importantly still worked, allowing me to get a call off to my dad. Most everything else that was loose in the car was pretty well munched, scraped or pulverized including my mom's older RAZR which is still missing.

Pretty scary stuff But at least we were all OK.

- Patrick
    09-15-08 10:05 PM
    OK now I'm just plain mad. Your original post mentioned YOU
    and your BB.

People have been stopping in to wish you well and some your
    phone.

NOW! we find out your child, your Mom and Grandmother were
    also in the car, and THAT did not merit a mention in
    your OP but your effin phone did. And you are still talking
    about it. Simply amazing.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 09-15-08 at 10:18 PM.
    09-15-08 10:13 PM
    Geez Patrick! That's horrible!!! VERY scary! I too was in a bad accident a few years back and my brand new digital SLR camera went through the windshield of my 4 day old van!!!! I was devastated!

Unfortunately we didn't fare as well as you and your daughter though. My daughter broke her jaw and I had a pretty smashed up leg. I still miss that darn camera!

I am happy that you are all -mostly) okay. Get some rest!

09-15-08 10:17 PM
    OK now I'm just plain mad. Your original postmentioned YOU
    and your BB.
    People have been stopping to wish you well and some your
    phone.

NOW! we find out your child and apparently at least one other
    person was in the car, and THAT did not merit a mention in
    your OP but your effin phone did. And you are still talking
    about it. Simply amazing.
    Whoa whoa whoa, I was just trying to keep my posts forum specific. If this had been a general or OT forum I certainly would have MUCH MUCH less emphasis on the dumb phone. In fact, I told some friends about the wreck on several other forums I'm on and I don't think I even mentioned the phone at all.

So please don't get the wrong idea about my posts. My daughter and my wife are the most important things in my life, as is pretty much my whole family.

- Patrick
    09-15-08 10:17 PM
    Geez Patrick! That's horrible!!! VERY scary! I too was in a bad accident a few years back and my brand new digital SLR camera went through the windshield of my 4 day old van!!!! I was devastated!

Unfortunately we didn't fare as well as you and your daughter though. My daughter broke her jaw and I had a pretty smashed up leg. I still miss that darn camera!

I am happy that you are all -mostly) okay. Get some rest!

It really sucks. I keep thinking about what could have gone wrong with even just inches in any direction different. I don't feel like driving again, and even riding with other people driving makes me feel "off".

- Patrick
    09-15-08 10:19 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD