...ok all, I'm stumped.

When I plug my Curve in to recharge the battery, I get no indication that it is charging. Then, after I wake up in the morning, the phone is completely charged up.

I don't get it...my Mini USB port works just fine. I just grabbed a charger off the shelf and I still get no charging indicator.

It's really wierd guys...any thoughts?
    08-20-08 09:38 AM
    this happens to mine as well. i usually do a reset and it appears again. i assumed it wasn't charging if the icon was not there. interesting to know that it is!
    08-20-08 09:40 AM
    Glad to hear I'm not the only one that this happens to. Forgive the nub question, is there a simple way to reset? I'm at work so I can't back things up...
    08-20-08 09:44 AM
    ...and I reset the device. Lo and behold, the charging icon came back.
    08-20-08 10:08 AM
    Soft reset: ALT+Right aA key+DEL
    Hard reset: pull battery

is that what you meant?

here's one of a few threads on battery pulls and soft resets that helped me!

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/batt...e-reset-59836/
    08-20-08 10:14 AM
    ...thanks Chrisy!
    08-20-08 10:20 AM
    you're welcome! i freaked out the first time my curve did the missing charging icon trick but i'm over it now! as long as it charges!
    08-20-08 10:22 AM
    man..i just noticed this one mine as well...no plug icon...however, when i connect it to he computer, it connects fine
    10-10-08 01:08 PM
    man..i just noticed this one mine as well...no plug icon...however, when i connect it to he computer, it connects fine
    mine did this once or twice as stated above. give the battery a pull and see if that brings it back.

of couse the icon is gone when the battery is fully charged as well. or if the charger is not working.
    10-10-08 01:09 PM
    Happened to me once.

I had the charge icon, but the battery kept getting lower. By the end of the day, I had resorted to a powered charger, still nothing and it did it's power off shutdone.

Only a week old too. Took it to my carriers store front, she swapped in a fresh battery to prove it was not the phone. Put the original back in and plugged it in, charge indicator, but it takes a while.

Browsed around the place for while, it was taking a charge.

Best guess, reseating the battery fixed it, yet again. I had not done it.
    10-10-08 01:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD