i clicked on the wifi router on the list of wifi connections and my phone shut off.. just shut off then started back up again, and when the home screen came up and it said verifying security software and it loaded, it shut down again and did it all over again. did thins for an hour or so and again this morning. so i leave my house and get to work and pop the battery in to try to sync and it works fine..??????? what tha heck is goin on???? i cant even install the desktop manager on my comp without gettin errors so no install yet?? how can i fix my phone?? without sync thanks, freddy
    07-08-08 08:53 AM
    The default OS on your Curve 8320 (4.2.2.180) does not support Wireless N routers.

If you are attempting to connect to Wireless N a reboot loop will occur.

Check out my signature and go to the WiFi guide

Welcome to CrackBerry!!

Hope I can help
    07-08-08 08:55 AM
    dude thanks.... i was about to return the freakin thing.. yeah i have a belkin n1 router and it started when i tried connecting to it... thanks alot man.. pz
    07-08-08 09:48 AM
    can i upgrade my software??? to use the n1 router
    07-08-08 09:50 AM
    Mine does same thing, and im not trying to connect to a wireless N router.. What else acn possibly cause this?
    07-08-08 10:17 AM
    can i upgrade my software??? to use the n1 router
    If you upgrade to any OS higher than the default TMo supported OS, then you can use WiFi on wireless N. I have not done this personally, but it is confirmed to work. It is fairly easy to get your hands on an OS 4.5 beta and install it. I do not recommend it or condone it, but I have had no problems with any Betas

*EDIT* : You can also go into your router config and turn off the Wireless N... just use the Wireless G band and you will be totally fine

Mine does same thing, and im not trying to connect to a wireless N router.. What else acn possibly cause this?
    What exactly are you doing?? I would need details. Check out the WiFi section of CrackBerry for more info relating to this!!
    Last edited by bmcclure937; 07-08-08 at 10:30 AM. Reason: info
    07-08-08 10:29 AM
    well when it did it a few minutes ago, a call came in, soon as I answered and said hello, it shut off and started rebooting.. other times are similar.
    07-08-08 10:36 AM
    I would say, call the company and see what they say. Also check that any third party applications installed in your phone are compatible with your phone since this can cause the glitches like rebooting continuously.

Mine has no explanation to be so I am getting a new one in the mail today. Apparently there is no reason for it to reboot itself although mine happened often when using it as a modem.
    07-08-08 10:50 AM
    i had this exact same issue and i read online that bb's dont work too well with belkin routers. I have a belkin router and sure enough as soon as I unplug the router from the power supply the reset loop stops. I deleted my wifi connection on the curve and everything was fine. I checked at work with my linksys router and a dlink router and the wifi works. As soon as I try to link to my belkin at home it goes nuts. Hope that helps. I am new to BB I have always had WINMO devices but I am really happy with my curve.

I also read on the same board about the belkin router that the next os update should take care of the belkin router issue.
    07-08-08 05:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD