Hey everyone,

My 8330 is not receiving emails anymore and it is showing the egg-timer for 1 second every 3 seconds. I do not know what is wrong. I have tried a battery pull, a soft reset, and have tried re-sending the service books.

What should I do.

PS: I am running OS 4.5.0.56
    10-06-08 12:31 PM
    The only solution it to have it replaced under warranty.

That problem has been reported a number of time with that model, nothing we have tried has helped.
    10-06-08 12:37 PM
    The only solution it to have it replaced under warranty.

That problem has been reported a number of time with that model, nothing we have tried has helped.
    Seriously? I have had the phone since May, though. I loaded 4.5 onto it in August. There is nothing else that can be done?
    10-06-08 12:39 PM
    do you have facebook installed?

That messed up my 8310, after removing it emails started coming in (including the lost ones)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-06-08 01:00 PM
    Yes, I do have facebook installed but I have had it since May...

10-06-08 01:02 PM
    No harm in seeing if the problem is caused by facebook. You could also give OS .77 a shot. BTW how is your battery? But as Reed pointed out, this is becomming a frequent problem with your device. Use the warranty if you can't get it working.

10-06-08 01:12 PM
    My battery has plummeted since this problem started.

10-06-08 01:26 PM
    remove facebook for a few days.
    10-06-08 01:37 PM
    You think that will really fix it?

10-06-08 01:45 PM
    i faced this problem a few times in the past. All you need to do is reconcile your email account. Ensure that the setting is kept at Mailbox wins. Should fix it
    10-06-08 02:04 PM
    i had the same problem and facebook was the cause
    10-06-08 02:24 PM
    Uninstall Facebook, do a battery pull to restart. All your email will come back. Then reinstall Facebook.

10-06-08 02:27 PM
    my facebook has been fine... so i'd try to wipe&reload the os
    10-06-08 02:28 PM
    Yeah, Facebook doesn't act strangely at all when this happens, but something goes on behind the scenes that messes up email until you delete and reinstall it. It has to do with the new Facebook format.

10-06-08 03:02 PM
    Hi, I had the same problem with not receiving my emails and the egg-timer spinning non-stop. I called RIM support and Verizon support and after spending 2 hrs on the phone with them, I finally decided to check crackberry. I just uninstalled facebook, which definitely fixed the problem. All my emails are coming in now. I have had this problem for 2 days now. Thanks everyone for the tip... Stang68, facebook is really the issue. I also had facebook for about a month now but this issue only started this weekend...
    10-06-08 03:17 PM
    Hi, I had the same problem with not receiving my emails and the egg-timer spinning non-stop. I called RIM support and Verizon support and after spending 2 hrs on the phone with them, I finally decided to check crackberry. I just uninstalled facebook, which definitely fixed the problem. All my emails are coming in now. I have had this problem for 2 days now. Thanks everyone for the tip... Stang68, facebook is really the issue. I also had facebook for about a month now but this issue only started this weekend...
    Ok, great. Thanks a lot! I am going to give it a try as soon as my Curve comes back from the dead. The battery drained totally while I was in class! I'll report back after I uninstall Facebook.
    10-06-08 03:49 PM
    It worked! Damn Facebook! Haha, thanks everyone, sorry for doubting it was Facebook.
    10-06-08 04:32 PM
    how do you uninstall facebook? I don't know how to use the blackberry yet? but i think that might be my problem as well.
    10-06-08 04:36 PM
    how do you uninstall facebook? I don't know how to use the blackberry yet? but i think that might be my problem as well.
    options>advanced>applications>scroll down to facebook>press menu then select delete.
    10-06-08 04:39 PM
    thanks i will try it when i get home as my phone has completely shut down now I have to put it on the charger to be able to do that.
    10-06-08 04:42 PM
    i think i will uninstall and reinstall it, just to be safe
    10-06-08 04:52 PM
    the same thing is happenign to me! im going to try this. thanks

ETA: IT WORKED! THANKS!!!!
    Last edited by luvhautecouture; 10-07-08 at 02:58 AM.
    10-07-08 02:50 AM
    thanks to all for your suggestions. i actually started a new thread before i saw this (the title of this thread kinda threw me off). i was getting pretty frustrated. this problem was stopping all my gmail e-mails from coming through. although i like the FB function, i guess i will have to go through opera mini or BB browser going forward.

this is why i love Crackberry...just one thing though, please. when someone has a problem, please make the title of your thread reflect the issue. i would have never thought to check this thread. thanks for the question though stang68!!
    10-07-08 06:27 AM
    I had the same problem. uninstalling facebook and reinstalling cured the problem
    10-07-08 07:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD