My blackberry has been wonky for a few weeks now. suddenly yesterday, my friend gave me back my phone and it was off with the USB port broken and jiggling. i have lots of new information since my last backup that i ABSOLUTELY NEED. how do i go about backing my phone up since it will not turn on nor will it charge the battery because there is no USB contact whatsoever. please help, it would be greatly appreciated
    03-29-09 02:15 PM
    Please Help Me Its Urgent!
    03-29-09 02:17 PM
    Bumping your thread after 2 minutes is extremely rude. Don't do that if you expect to get help on the forums.

If your phone simply won't turn on because the battery is dead, then get the OEM BlackBerry charging pod. It will charge the device using the connectors on the back.

Then you can try to connect to BlackBerry Desktop Manager via Bluetooth. This will require that you get a Bluetooth Adapter for your computer if it doesn't have Bluetooth.

Or you can try to get the USB connector on the device replaced.

Otherwise, there's no other way to do it if the device won't turn on.
    03-29-09 02:21 PM
    If you have bluetooth on your computer, or have a bluetooth dongle, you can try using Desktop Manager with bluetooth using the following guide:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f42/blu...manager-24100/
    03-29-09 02:22 PM
    This may help as well:View Document
    03-29-09 02:25 PM
    Motorcycle Mama, my battery isnt dead. i know this because i inserted it into my sisters curve and it was about 90%. where does the charger ur talking about connect to? and WNM, that may help in the future when the phone turns on but until then it wont. thanks
    03-29-09 02:28 PM
    Hopefully, your BB won't turn on only because it has a dead battery.

That's some frienemy you got, returning your BB with a broken USB port. Which begs the question why your friend had your BB in the first place...
    03-29-09 02:29 PM
    Motorcycle Mama, my battery isnt dead. i know this because i inserted it into my sisters curve and it was about 90%. where does the charger ur talking about connect to? and WNM, that may help in the future when the phone turns on but until then it wont. thanks
    The charging cradle charges the battery through the two gold contacts on either side of the battery door latch in the back of the BB.
    03-29-09 02:30 PM
    You set your BB in the charging pod vertically and plug your wall charger into it. The BB then charges on the 2 contacts on either side of the battery cover release.
    03-29-09 02:32 PM
    like where? when u take off the back cover is there one of the wholes it goees into?
    03-29-09 02:32 PM
    got it. thats so sick. thanks
    03-29-09 02:33 PM
    Here ya go. I have 2

Amazon.com: NEW OEM BlackBerry Curve Charge Pod 8300 8310 8320 8330: Your Store

Well worth the 6 bucks as it saves the wear and tear on the USB port.
    03-29-09 02:36 PM
    k. new question. How the **** should i confront my friend about this?
    03-29-09 02:43 PM
    k. new question. How the **** should i confront my friend about this?
    Not much you can do, unless you were told the full story as to what happened with the phone. In most cases it's too bad so sad, since you really can't prove the phone's condition when you "let the friend have the phone". If the USB is jiggly, I have a feeling you are not going to be able to back it up, unless you use USB or have setup some other way to backup your phones content via the internet

Just in the future you know not to lend this friend anything you will have out of your line of sight for more than 2 nano seconds.

Had it been me (the borrower) I would have offered to fix the phone at my expense, since it got "broken" in my care.
    03-29-09 03:10 PM
    exactly. fcuk. HE PISSES ME OFF
    03-29-09 03:18 PM
    You seriously need to grow up. Using profanity (even veiled) isn't appropriate. If you want to get help fixing the issue with your phone, that's fine. If you just want to post profane messages, please do it somewhere else.
    03-29-09 06:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD