P>I have a little problem.. After owning my Blackberry Curve 8320 for about 3 months now.. I finally installed the desktop software on my pc at home. After it was completely and successfully installed, it prompted me with my device info which had already populated on the screen. Then it prompted me with entering my password. I entered the only password i use on my blackberry. It continued to prompted me that the password i was entering was incorrect until the tenth time. OMG!! All my info on my bb wiped out. I went crazy!!! Now all my contacts and all my personal information is no longer avail on my bb..

Is there anyway I can import/syncronize all my personal email contacts via my bb instead of using the software to syncronize?

I currently have a comcast email account,, is there anyway i can import/syncronize my contacts?

Is there anyway i can get all my phone book contacts back?? (Thats more important than anything!! I lost all important phone #'s)

What other password could I have entered if I only had one password for my blackberry? Now Im not sure what password to use once I use the desktop software...

Anyway, Thanks for your assistance...</P>
    03-10-08 02:50 PM
    The same password you use for the blackberry is the same you would use on the desktop manager. Have you backed up you blackberry recently? Hopefully...if so you would be able to get everything back including emails, contacts, sms etc.
    03-10-08 03:35 PM
    Thanks for responding .. I entered the only password that i used on my bb. When I had finally installed the software installation it had prompted me for the password which it didnt recognize. So.. After the 10th time, everything wiped out.. Girl I was not happy so now i have to manually enter my email contacts into my bb. As for the software, now that I have it installed, I have to learn how to use it.

Thanks again

Rosy
    03-11-08 01:26 PM
    Make sure you are able to connect with the password BEFORE you re-enter your information. It could be that you had caps lock on. I don't suppose there's any way you can get the stuff back now, since you never had a backup.

There are about three different passwords you might have on your BlackBerry. The one that unlocks from keyboard lock is the one you need to connect by USB.
    03-12-08 12:15 AM
    Shoulda set it to 20

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-12-08 01:32 AM
    ouch! Same thing happened to me, you'll have to redownload the software from tmo website. Reinstalling everything takes almost two hours :-( If you back up your info on Desktop Manager then it should be ready to go after reinstalling software but if you did not I'm not sure what else to do sorry
    03-12-08 01:37 AM
    Thanks Guys!!!
    03-15-08 01:25 PM
    Shoulda set it to 20

Max is 10
    03-15-08 01:49 PM
    Once again, backup early, backup often. I have DM set to do it once a week.
    03-15-08 06:04 PM
    Same Almost Happened To Me But On The 9th I Figured Out I Had The Caps Lock On....
    04-27-08 02:09 PM
    Keep in mind that the pc or laptop keyboard is not exactly the same setup as your device keyboard. The password you enter in the desktop manager has to match the letters or numbers you punch on the device keyboard. If for instance you choose your password to be 123456 by hitting the number keys on the Curve without shifting, you are in reality typing wersdf. So, if you were to type in your device password on the desktop manager as 123456 a total of 10 times, you will wipe your device.
    04-27-08 02:35 PM
    Great post cyberhound!!

To be safe, I made my password all letters so that very thing would not happen.

04-27-08 05:14 PM
    My Tour started wiping after the password lock and I pulled the battery out. Is there any way to stop the wiping process and not lose my data?

Help.

Please.

I'm desperate.
    01-11-10 05:14 PM
    My Tour started wiping after the password lock and I pulled the battery out. Is there any way to stop the wiping process and not lose my data?

Help.

Please.

I'm desperate.
    Oops. No. Sorry. I hope you didn't brick your phone by doing that, or not only will you lose your data, you'll be looking at the thread "How to recover a dead BB".

01-11-10 11:11 PM
    I sync with my pc and with google as a fail safe so I do not lose stuff...
    01-11-10 11:38 PM
    May I suggest that you use Google Sync....I have gone through multiple blackberry phones, and multiple carriers, and this one free piece of software allows me to keep my contacts, notes, calendar, and tasks all synchronized with my google account.

I am not sure if you have to have a google gmail account, but even if you do, that is also free, and definitely worth having.

go to Google Mobile from your blackberry's browser

scroll down to the full list of google mobile products, and click on Sync.

you will be able to do an OTA install using your phone. once installed, sign in, and open the options, becasue it doesnt sync contacts or calendar entries by default. check what items you want it to sync, and wait for a while, it takes a little longer the very first time. If you want to speed up the process, if you have a WiFi enabled phone, connect to the internet using wifi, and turn OFF your cellular wireless antenna, it will sync MUCH faster.

that way, even if your phone gets wiped, stolen damaged, or whatever, you can always install google sync on another phone, and get everything back. all securely, and all FREE.

*note* impretty sure that you actually DO have to have a gmail account for this service to work, becasue when you sync your contacts, they all show up in the webview of your gmail account, under contacts.

taking it one step further: after you get all of your contacts INTO your blackberry, you can then use the Desktop Manager to sync those same contacts between your blackberry smartphone and Microsoft Office Outlook. There are other sync options available as well.

first thing i always do when i get a new BB is sync organizer data between Office Outlook and my phone, and then run a google sync just to make sure everything is all matching.

now if only i could get Office Outlook and Google to sync directly.....
    01-12-10 04:36 AM
    I survived the wipe. Reloaded all the important contacts. Will learn to back up.

Another problem - using Desktop Manager to sync with Outlook I get an error data erro message that stops the progress at contact record 37 of whatever number I have. I tried reloading BB software to no avail. I tried deleting contact 37, but that didn't resolve the problem.

Any suggestions?
    01-18-10 06:21 PM
    How about don't put a password on there and you wouldn't have that problem
    01-18-10 06:26 PM
    How about don't put a password on there and you wouldn't have that problem
    You eliminate your problem, but if your BlackBerry is stolen, now the thief has easy access to all your friends' and family's personal information that's in your phone: their phone numbers, addresses, maybe even pictures. That's a potentially far worse situation than you losing your contacts. I always recommend using a password and making backups regularly.
    01-18-10 07:53 PM
    Keep in mind that the pc or laptop keyboard is not exactly the same setup as your device keyboard. The password you enter in the desktop manager has to match the letters or numbers you punch on the device keyboard. If for instance you choose your password to be 123456 by hitting the number keys on the Curve without shifting, you are in reality typing wersdf. So, if you were to type in your device password on the desktop manager as 123456 a total of 10 times, you will wipe your device.
    I am a very slow rookie to this blackberry/crackberry. I am on my 10th try on the bb desktop, want to transfer contacts and info to new phone or back up to computer. I don't know what this pin number is .....where did it come from....is it the same pin to unlock the phone which is only 4 digits...or is the pin for blackberry messenger? I cant get into my bb because it fell in the washer and now the keys will not work...the screen comes up but that is all. Can someone help,,,I have been stressing for two weeks. Please, please, please! thanks.
    07-17-11 11:12 PM
    Desktop Manager uses the same password as you use to unlock your device. Pay close attention to cyberhound's advice. Unfortunately, you don't have any margin of error left.
    07-18-11 12:11 AM
    hai. i have a blackberry torch and i am on my last attempt of the 10 before my device wipes out. will i be able to recover my device if i wipe it out???
    08-15-11 05:40 AM
    hai. i have a blackberry torch and i am on my last attempt of the 10 before my device wipes out. will i be able to recover my device if i wipe it out???
    If you have a backup, restore it after the wipe. If you don't have a backup, it is too late to create one now.
    08-15-11 06:09 AM
    If you have a backup, restore it after the wipe. If you don't have a backup, it is too late to create one now.
    hello jeffh i see you have a lot of knowledge about blackberrys i am on my last attempt and i am wondering will the phone still work after the wipe? Thanks
    01-13-13 06:45 AM
    Yes, the phone will still work after the wipe.
    01-13-13 07:36 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD