My blackberry curve stopped charging. I get the "plug" icon for about 3 seconds before it disappears. This happens when I plug my BB directly into the wall or into my computer. I've tried plugging the BB in half way and I get the same result. Anyone else had this problem? and now the the lil teeth that r in the fone inthe battery slot have broken off and crumbled can someone help me on what i can do the people say its still under warrenty so im askin for the advise on here of what u all think will happen will i have to pay for the new fone or would that kind of damage be takin care of? I HAVE HAD THE PHONE SINCE MARCH OF THIS YEAR
    Last edited by mz831; 11-07-08 at 09:18 PM. Reason: solvedddd
    09-15-08 11:56 PM
    If the phone is less than 30 days old, you can get a new phone. If it's over 30 days, but less than a year, you will get a refurbished phone. All BlackBerries have a 1 year warranty, regardless of carrier.
    09-15-08 11:58 PM
    just call up t-mobile and say "blackberry" on the voice prompt. they'll get a refurbed device to your door by friday if you call tuesday.
    09-16-08 12:11 AM
    When u call t-mobile, don't tell them that the gold charging pins broke because they will say that its user broken, and they won't replace it. Just say that it has stopped charging, then they'll send out a replacement. This happened to me a few weeks ago. Even with insurance, they wanted me to pay a $100 deductible. I called tmobile back and "forgot" to tell them about the pins. I had a replacement within 3 days.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-16-08 12:26 AM
    If, by chance they reject you claim for a replacement, and you find yourself with a broken phone, then give BlackBerry Repair Shop - A full line of RIM BlackBerry repair services and BlackBerry parts for all BlackBerry handheld devices a call. they fixed my phone when it broke.

I also suggest that you get you hands on a Genuine Blackberry charging cradle https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=vsr2d8pg. This charges the phone vis the two gold conectors on the back of the phone eliminating the use of the quite horrible USB port for this function.

I found my cradle on ebay but you must buy the one that looks like the one in the picture. There are several rubbish ones that still conect to the USB port and these are no use at all.
    09-16-08 04:00 AM
    When u call t-mobile, don't tell them that the gold charging pins broke because they will say that its user broken, and they won't replace it. Just say that it has stopped charging, then they'll send out a replacement. This happened to me a few weeks ago. Even with insurance, they wanted me to pay a $100 deductible. I called tmobile back and "forgot" to tell them about the pins. I had a replacement within 3 days.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    they can also bill the cost of the replacement device to your account if they find that the device you returned was damaged beyond "manufacturer defect".
    09-16-08 04:43 AM
    they can also bill the cost of the replacement device to your account if they find that the device you returned was damaged beyond "manufacturer defect".
    Ouch! What a nasty surprise that would be.
    09-16-08 04:48 AM
    Ouch! What a nasty surprise that would be.
    well, if you're pulling something shady, it shouldnt be a surprise.

as long as you're honest, there's no worries. plus, it helps to be courteous to the CS's and treat them like you know more than them, even if in a specific case you may. i've never had a device rejected from their warranty program for any reason.

and the battery tabs shouldnt cause a problem as long as you tell them it happened when you were inserting a battery... but they WILL reject you if you tell them you remove/insert the battery 100 times a day and just plain wore it out.

common sense stuff, or so i thought, ya know?
    09-16-08 04:53 AM
    well, if you're pulling something shady, it shouldnt be a surprise.

as long as you're honest, there's no worries. plus, it helps to be courteous to the CS's and treat them like you know more than them, even if in a specific case you may. i've never had a device rejected from their warranty program for any reason.

and the battery tabs shouldnt cause a problem as long as you tell them it happened when you were inserting a battery... but they WILL reject you if you tell them you remove/insert the battery 100 times a day and just plain wore it out.

common sense stuff, or so i thought, ya know?
    Oh, you are quite right, no question. It is just common sense, which as my Mom used to say is not all that common.

Imagine though if you go to the store and the sales person says 'Yeas, fine, here's your new phone.'

At the next billing periond, you see a charge for repairing the phone that you cannot control of challenge. That's why I said 'Ouch!'.
    09-16-08 05:20 AM
    Oh, you are quite right, no question. It is just common sense, which as my Mom used to say is not all that common.

Imagine though if you go to the store and the sales person says 'Yeas, fine, here's your new phone.'

At the next billing periond, you see a charge for repairing the phone that you cannot control of challenge. That's why I said 'Ouch!'.
    that's where tmobile keeps a grip on the situation by only allowing swaps over the phone with their tech department. they ask a series of questions and if you're approved, then they send one out.

i've swapped out a LOT of phones and helped many others get them swapped out with no issues ever. plus, they tend to be quite lenient unless you're willfully and significantly dishonest. as long as you dont try to swap one out for a faulty screen and return one that's been ran over by a car, they're pretty forgiving.
    09-16-08 05:25 AM
    I had the same problem with an AT&T phone that was about 60 - 70 days old and had to buy a new one. This is a known device problem but Blackberry won't acknowledge it. From what I found when I searched it before they recognized it on a previous device but believe they have fixed it but obviously haven't.
    09-16-08 08:32 AM
    I am having the same problem with my curve and am on my 2nd refurb and waiting for a third to arrive in the mail. This is a manufacturer defect. The new BOld has the same charge system. Blackberry really needs to look into this from a design standpoint.
    10-30-08 08:06 PM
    I am kind of having the same problem with my blackberry. Only difference, is that when I plug it into my PC it doesnt charge. When I plug it into the wall it works fine. Ive uninstalled Blackberry desktop software, uninstalled the drivers and just cant seem to figure out the problem. Ive used multiple cables and USB ports. Anyone got any ideas?
    11-19-09 01:45 AM
    Some USB ports don't have sufficient current capacity to charge some BlackBerry devices, due to varying tolerances in the components in the charging circuit. Another BlackBerry with slightly lower internal resistance might charge with no problem on your ports. The wall charger is always your best charging option. If you've tried all the USB ports on your PC, you'll just have to use the wall charger for this particular 8330.
    11-19-09 07:36 AM
    I am kind of having the same problem with my blackberry. Only difference, is that when I plug it into my PC it doesnt charge. When I plug it into the wall it works fine. Ive uninstalled Blackberry desktop software, uninstalled the drivers and just cant seem to figure out the problem. Ive used multiple cables and USB ports. Anyone got any ideas?
    I have about 3 USB cords because some don't work. So I would have trouble connecting my phone to my PC. But I found one on Amazon.com that works.

My electric and car charger work fine and have not been replaced.
    11-19-09 12:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD