this thing is brand new it is the 8330 model and at one point the batteries died so i plugged it in the usb all night long and its still dead. the red light turns on while its plugged in but once its unplugged its as if there is no batteries because the reset keys do not work.......................................

wow i just plugged it in my other computer and turns out the problem was that it was not installed on the pc i was trying to charge it on so it would not charge. <censored> piece of <censored>

but noooow it decides to turn on and charge... UGHHH
    Last edited by Branta; 06-05-09 at 08:58 PM. Reason: Language
    06-04-09 10:03 PM
    Well first of all no need for that language here. Next I'm glad you got it working. Welcome to crackberry!
    06-04-09 10:07 PM
    I agree with Ice about the language.

Worst thing you can do is let the battery run out. CHarge your device everynight, no matter how much down or not it is.

From what I understand there is small resister in the battery. This is a tip I heard sometime ago, but I have not ever tested it as I charge mine everynight.

If you battery goes completely dead, remove the battery and put it on the charger. Then insert the battery which gives the battery a jump and forces the resister for refill properly.

Again an untested theroy
    06-04-09 10:17 PM
    I am glad you got it to work. However I agree about the language.
    06-04-09 10:49 PM
    Resistor refilling? Resistors limit current they aren't capacitors. Bb batteries are LIion I believe u can let em drain they don't hold the "memory" of being discharged and tell the phone they are constantly low like Nickel metal cadmium ones do so don't worry bout it dying all the way.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-05-09 12:07 AM
    I agree with Ice about the language.

Worst thing you can do is let the battery run out. CHarge your device everynight, no matter how much down or not it is.

From what I understand there is small resister in the battery. This is a tip I heard sometime ago, but I have not ever tested it as I charge mine everynight.

If you battery goes completely dead, remove the battery and put it on the charger. Then insert the battery which gives the battery a jump and forces the resister for refill properly.

Again an untested theroy
    What's so bad about your battery going dead? Is there something I should know?

Mine went completely dead a few days ago. Set to charge overnight but had bad contact. Woke up to dead berry, made contacts, got that lightning bolt screen. Let it charge a little before I left the house, finished charging at work. Haven't noticed any change in battery life.

06-05-09 12:24 AM
    What's so bad about your battery going dead? Is there something I should know?

Mine went completely dead a few days ago. Set to charge overnight but had bad contact. Woke up to dead berry, made contacts, got that lightning bolt screen. Let it charge a little before I left the house, finished charging at work. Haven't noticed any change in battery life.

Check out these links to see why you shouldn't let your battery die completely.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/cha...-charge-26032/

Maximum Battery Life - BlackBerryFAQ
    06-05-09 03:09 AM
    OHHH NOOOoo Don't let the battery die all the way you have a delicate piece of equipment and the guys at RIM knew what they were doing. It's a COMPUTER your holding not just a phone. The other junk phones have the memory battery but you MY FRIEND have much more.
    06-05-09 10:39 AM
    Dont let the battery die, it causes much problems there was a thread on that last month here at CRACKBERRY check it out and theres a link on this thread click and check it out. I keep mine on USB when I am at home I have a charger in the bubble when Im cruising (the car)and when I'm on the road in da bus there's got to be a outlet for my charger. LOL sounds anal but gotta keep 'my baby' charged n ready LOL. WHO ELSE DOES THE SAME?
    Last edited by dabusdriver; 06-05-09 at 10:49 AM.
    06-05-09 10:45 AM
    Thanks kakakasi ! Good article, I've saved it 'cause I'm sure it will come in handy for someone else.

06-05-09 10:50 AM
    Thanks kakakasi ! Good article, I've saved it 'cause I'm sure it will come in handy for someone else.

You're welcome! I remembered seeing something about battery life not too long ago so I thought I'd contribute that. I didn't even know I shouldn't let the battery drain completely until I saw that thread. I didn't do it to begin with, I'm OCD about it but now I know not to and why.

06-05-09 02:37 PM
    I need a car charger.

06-05-09 04:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD