Hullo there. Facing a desperate situation and blackberry helpline unable to help. My blackberry has become frozen as I attempted to upgrade the device manager to version 4.5 and now it does not even switch on!!!

Let me give more exact details.

I am from India and subscribe to blackberry services through Bharti Airtel. While I saw the world upgrading to version 4.5, the new version did not come to India except i think about a month back. i downloaded the device manager and then attempted installation. During the installation process, an error message came (sorry, but I did not write it down) and it being a fatal error, the upgradation crashed. Now, my blackberry curve does not work.

I called up the technical helpline for blackberry at Bharti Airtel and they say that I have made a mistake. They say that I should have downloaded the new Desktop Manager first - version 4.2 and then installed the new device manager. I should not have tried to install device manager directly - which regrettably is what I did since I tried to install it at my home where desktop manager is not installed.

I went to the site of blackberry/bharati and found the desktop manager version 4.2 which is of about 400 mb size. My problem is that though I have a decent speed broadband, the speed through blackberry is so slow that it would take me 18 hours to download it. Also, the download breaks after a couple of hours i cannot resume it. There is no direct link given where I can download the file using a download manager.

I have tried to download the file several times but usually between 50-100 mb, the download breaks. I know this sounds strange but this is what is happening.

My request for help to this forum is as follows:-

1. Have I made a mistake in trying to upgrade directly the device manager without using the desktop manager? Is there any way to correct this?

2. Where can i download the desktop manager directly?

I really request you guys to help - my blackberry is down for about a week now.

Thanks in advance!!!
    04-22-09 06:46 AM
    Subscribing to this thread.
    04-22-09 06:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD