this is my murderberry in progress....

i was too anxious to wait any longer for my black housing and i got a little too bored so i sanded down my titanium housing and now its a beautiful matte black =]. all i need is the black keyboard and black screen =] CANT WAIT! ill update this thread as soon as i get all my black parts in the mail and i have a true MURDERberry

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UPDATE: got my black keyboard and screen =] and i decided to black out the mirror on the back side

Last edited by symptomsofy0u; 10-22-08 at 08:36 PM.
    10-09-08 07:38 PM
    did you mess up on the mirrored part on the battery door or is that a reflection? either way i like it. it will look sweet with the blacked out screen and keyboard. what did you use to black out the trackball?
    10-09-08 07:42 PM
    i scratched a bit of the mirror on the black cause i wanted to black it out but then decided not to lol. but for the trackball, i used nailpolish with a little nail polish remover
    10-09-08 07:48 PM
    i did the exact same thing to my battery door. my new housing is on the way so i don't care.
    10-09-08 07:51 PM
    this titanum housing has become a test subject lol. i could care less what goes wrong with it since im getting a new one in the mail. but i almost dont wanna keep the new one since its a glossy black. and i really like the flat black. so i might just sell it when i get it
    10-09-08 07:55 PM
    Nice one! That should look great with the additional parts.
    Case-Mods always make me smile.
    10-09-08 07:56 PM
    Where did you get that bold theme?
    10-09-08 08:00 PM
    its not a bold theme. its a theme called cool blue. search a thread called "free 8300 theme"
    10-09-08 08:07 PM
    Couldn't you have combined all your threads. Good work but still you have a thread for the Trackball, then the Keyboard, and now the phone.....

Seems repetition to me...... But don't take this the wrong way okay...... But just think about it...
    10-09-08 08:07 PM
    Couldn't you have combined all your threads. Good work but still you have a thread for the Trackball, then the Keyboard, and now the phone.....

Seems repetition to me...... But don't take this the wrong way okay...... But just think about it...
    yeah i know, i would delete the others if i could.
    10-09-08 08:09 PM
    hah nice I'm rockin the corners theme too. is that weezy wallpaper in the gallery?
    10-09-08 09:18 PM
    got it from his website =]
    10-09-08 10:09 PM
    Lil wayneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee I just officially fell in lovw wit ya phone.. I made a custom theme and differnt pics of him make up the theme lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-09-08 10:13 PM
    Ha.... It looks good.
    10-09-08 10:22 PM
    It looks really sweet. Well done.
    10-09-08 10:35 PM
    yeah i know, i would delete the others if i could.

You could trying PMing a Mod. They could probably help you with that.
    10-09-08 10:36 PM
    The back cover looks really scratched, but I guess that's due to you sanding it down. Also the used-to-be silver circle around the trackball looks kinda sketchy, but it looks awesome. I wish I had enough nerve to murder out mine. I like how you colored your red and green-phone buttons black too. Just get that black keyboard and screen housing, and it'll be finished.
    10-09-08 10:54 PM
    Lil wayneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee I just officially fell in lovw wit ya phone.. I made a custom theme and differnt pics of him make up the theme lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    thanks!
    10-09-08 11:36 PM
    thanks!
    No problem.. Hope you dont mind i stole your theme..
    10-09-08 11:42 PM
    Was that a whole's day job? You painted it then slapped it back on? I dont feel like ordering a new case, so I was thinking of doing the same thing.

Also did you just sand and paint or primed it also?

What ever your process how long did it take for you to murdah your berry
    10-10-08 10:48 AM
    it looks good... and like others said i like the theme too!!
    10-10-08 10:57 AM
    Was that a whole's day job? You painted it then slapped it back on? I dont feel like ordering a new case, so I was thinking of doing the same thing.

Also did you just sand and paint or primed it also?

What ever your process how long did it take for you to murdah your berry
    it was way to easy to do! and you can do it as well.it took me probably no more that 30 minutes. all i did was get a nail filer, some black nail polish, nail polish remover, a t5 screw driver, a baby wipe and youre good to go (if youre a girl and already have these things) lol

1. remove the battery cover

2. then i popped off the little piece at the bottom that has your providers name on it. start with the back part though and then push it towards the front of the phone and it will pop right off (it wont break, just pull it hard)

3. after that i took off the battery cover and unscrewed the housing with a t5 screw driver that i got at sears for 4 bucks. then i removed the housing.

4. then i got my handy dandy nail filer and filed away! the silver paint that was coated on there was not thick at all so not much filing was needed.

5. then i got a baby wipe and wiped off all the housing lol

6. next, i got my paint ready. i mixed black nail polish with nail polish remover and spread one thin coat over the housing with the nail polish brush

7. youre all finished! let it dry for like 10 minutes, reassemble the housing and youre good to go!

as for my black bezel, i sanded that too. and the trackball has the same nail polish mixture and is a solid matte black.

good luck! hope this helps
    10-10-08 11:58 AM
    that is hott!!!
    10-10-08 12:27 PM
    that is hott!!!
    haha thanks!!

and just FYI... to all the people who think i cant have the black 8330 keyPAD (send/menu/back/end buttons) on my 8320 instead of the silver keyPAD, just watch ill make it fit and ill have the blackest blackberry ever MUAHAHAHA!!
    Last edited by symptomsofy0u; 10-10-08 at 12:41 PM.
    10-10-08 12:37 PM
    updated =] take a look
    10-11-08 05:47 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD