05-06-08 11:50 AM
    My favorite feature: UMA

3G is a big improvement in cellular technology, data is as fast as a good dial-up connection.

now offering download speeds of around 200 to 300 Kbps in New York. When the new devices are available in the third quarter, consumers will get speeds in the 600 Kbps to 1 Mbps range,...
    Unlicensed Mobile Access and Wifi are network speed. 48 Mbps is common, much faster then cellular at it's best.

What else do I like about it? How about unlimited data? How about unlimited free calling from hotspots anywhere in the World?

Who wins? The carrier makes $10 a month for running an UMA support server. Their network traffic is offloaded to the internet, more bandwidth for everybody else.

The consumer, $10 for unlimited call and data while in a hotspot.

The business traveler. $10 for unlimited calls back to home office or anywhere else. The cost control benifits are obvious.

Everybody wins.
    Last edited by Stoner; 05-06-08 at 12:13 PM.
    05-06-08 12:03 PM
    You are not alone, all Curves don't have 3G. Think of the money you will save and the lack of frustration from trying to find a usable 3G signal.
    05-06-08 12:05 PM
    You are not alone, all Curves don't have 3G. Think of the money you will save and the lack of frustration from trying to find a usable 3G signal.
    Well... I guess if I don't have it... I won't know what I'm missing, huh?
    I imagine when they do get 3G, the price will go up.
    05-06-08 12:10 PM
    I will have moved from Seattle back to Houston by that release.
    05-06-08 03:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD