Well, i KNOW it's not my imagination; this has happened several times to me in the 2 weeks or so that I've owned this BB. Suddenly, for no apparent reason, the screen will go black. It's not dimming, nothing like that, because I'm talkin' totally NON-FUNCTIONAL black. If i was in the middle of a call, the call is lost. No matter WHAT button I push, nothing happens. It's as if the "mute" button was pushed, minus the delay for "mute" to kick in. It will stay this way for 1, maybe 2, uncomfortable minutes before suddenly springing back to life again. And the screen that comes back on is the home screen, NOT the Verizon logo screen.

I took it to my local Verizon store, earlier today. The techs took it to the back room and said to check back with them later, after they've run some tests. I came back THREE HOURS LATER (i've wasted SO MUCH TIME sitting around their office) to be told by the girl at the desk that "they must have found a problem and fixed it". Lovely. I take the short subway ride home, switch on the Curve, and....after it's on for about 30 seconds, it goes DEAD AGAIN!! Needless to say, i'm pretty furious (altho NOT surprised) with those know-nothings at Verizon. Any ideas what's causing this issue, and can it be fixed with a setting, maybe?? Thanks.
    08-19-08 11:26 PM
    I don't know what's causing it, but it must be in the BB software as my Pearl does the same thing and it is the second one to do this. I would escalate the issue with customer care as this is not normal.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-08 11:30 PM
    I don't know what's causing it, but it must be in the BB software as my Pearl does the same thing and it is the second one to do this. I would escalate the issue with customer care as this is not normal.

THANK YOU. I was told i have 60 days from date of purchase to make a swap again, if i so desire. It would be my 2nd replacement unit. Unbelievable how many issues i've had with this phone since i bought it in July!!

BTW, thanks for the quick response.
    08-19-08 11:42 PM
    Mine has been acting a bit odd,too. I've been having some intermittent keyboard blackouts. And just now, my keyboard went black and my trackball stopped working. Had to pull the battery to get it going again. Took forever to boot back up and I was sweating bullets. I've only had it for 2 months. Will be checking in w/ my Verizon store.

08-19-08 11:47 PM
    I've been fortunate enough to not have to replace my 8330 yet. However, I firmly believe that the quality of this device is far below the quality I have in my T-Mobile 8800. This is my first experience with Verizon, as I use it for business purposes. The service is quite excellent here compared to others, but from what I gather from many friends is that the phones, blackberry included, on verizon are quite substandard.
    08-20-08 12:38 AM
    Mine has been acting a bit odd,too. I've been having some intermittent keyboard blackouts. And just now, my keyboard went black and my trackball stopped working. Had to pull the battery to get it going again. Took forever to boot back up and I was sweating bullets. I've only had it for 2 months. Will be checking in w/ my Verizon store.

This sorta stuff is just disgraceful. I just hope whatever store you bring it back to, that they're more efficient with -you- than the Verizon store in Queens, NYC has been with =me=. I've had to go there SEVEN times since i bought my first Curve, for various issues, and each time it's been a TWO HOUR WAIT, on average.
    08-20-08 12:41 AM
    Yeah, I've heard of some people having to replace their phones a few times. I guess some are just very unlucky. The only time I've had to replace my phone is when I dropped it in the toilet. Heh.
    08-20-08 01:03 AM
    i have the curve my wife just got her pearl in july and she has also complained about phone just blacks out and loses her call. i never had this with my curve
    08-20-08 11:23 AM
    that would drive me CRAZY!!!!
    08-20-08 12:57 PM
    I have an 8310 (ATT), I my phone's done this once... I thought I was seeing things.
    08-20-08 01:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD