Woke up yesterday and noticed that the battery door button is no longer laying the way it should. It is slightly popped out on one side with the cover on, and more-so without the cover on. I'm a bit upset because I haven't dropped it or anything, I did a battery pull the night before and it all looked fine. I read another thread about this happening, it just sucks. Thinkin about buying a new latch....either that or wait at VZW to fix it, but I don't want a refurb. I like mine just fine

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-08 11:44 AM
    Ouch. Have you tried pushing it back in to see if it catches?
    Last edited by DJManos; 09-19-08 at 12:12 PM. Reason: Because I am a punctuation moron....
    09-19-08 12:11 PM
    I dropped mine for the first time last Saturday and I thought I was going to cry...well not really but it still sucked!
    09-19-08 12:14 PM
    Ouch. Have you tried pushing it back in to see if it catches?

yup that was the first thing i did. no luck. i actually keep trying. just incase.
    09-19-08 12:41 PM
    I have a bad habit of trying to fix things myself first. Occaisionally I end up making it worse.
    09-19-08 12:44 PM
    *hugs your BB* Sorry to hear it, yeah the 1st damage is usually worse on us than on them.
    09-19-08 12:48 PM
    That sucks, i feel your pain. My blackberry curve has alot of scars. I wish i could just get a new one, but don't feel like claiming it on insurance saying i lost it just yet, LOL
    09-19-08 01:50 PM
    Aww sorry that ur bb is hurt.. I know what your going through.. I had broke the lcd on mine and couldn't see a thing for three whole days.. I called the company I ordered it from and was griping about how long it was taking . They were like u just orded it three days ago.. Worst three days of my life lol.. It will b okay

09-19-08 02:54 PM
    I used mine as fishing bait. It functioned afterwards but there were water stains in the screen. Literally in it. Had to order a replacement immediately!
    09-19-08 02:57 PM
    I'd probably be beaten to death if anyone from this forum saw my phone, it's in desperate need of a new housing.
    09-19-08 02:57 PM
    I'd probably be beaten to death if anyone from this forum saw my phone, it's in desperate need of a new housing.
    Lol, sounds like my bro.
    09-19-08 03:07 PM
    Lol, sounds like my bro.
    Haha. I swear the thing just jumps out of my hands sometimes.
    09-19-08 03:10 PM
    Man I dropped my curve a few days after I got it and it now has scratches all over the top. It was in the leather pouch but the top portion was uncovered. Nothing to bad but at least it gives me an excuse to order one of Becky's all white housings
    09-19-08 03:26 PM
    Can't you just buy another battery cover or is it warped on the body itself?
    09-19-08 03:29 PM
    Can't you just buy another battery cover or is it warped on the body itself?
    You can buy the battery covers by themselves, I believe.
    09-19-08 03:32 PM
    Woke up yesterday and noticed that the battery door button is no longer laying the way it should. It is slightly popped out on one side with the cover on, and more-so without the cover on. I'm a bit upset because I haven't dropped it or anything, I did a battery pull the night before and it all looked fine. I read another thread about this happening, it just sucks. Thinkin about buying a new latch....either that or wait at VZW to fix it, but I don't want a refurb. I like mine just fine

I am sorry that happened to you tangurl. So very sad.
    09-19-08 08:01 PM
    Thank u all for sharing your stories. I keep pressing it hoping it will magically catch...

09-19-08 11:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD