I've searched the forums, I've followed all the advice to the letter, and I still can't get my phone to accept that I've changed the SMS tone. It insists on using some bloody awful default (sounds like The Partridge Family) that I absolutely can't get rid of. I've created profiles, established exceptions, etc. -- even went so far as to assign the same SMS tone to all three of the people who text me most often, and STILL I get the default tone. I've gone to Profiles, Advanced, Normal, Edit, set the SMS tone, and saved it. No dice. I then tried creating a custom profile and followed the same steps. No dice either. Why can't I get the phone to accept the new tone?
    01-23-09 06:44 PM
    There are profiles for in/out of holster, are you making the changes to the correct one?
    01-23-09 07:02 PM
    This is an issue that RIM is totally aware of. I am going thru the same thing. I hope it will be addressed in the REAL os update.
    01-23-09 07:04 PM
    ... in and out of holster on every profile I set up. I've changed the SMS tone in virtually every place I can find to change it, but I'm still stuck with the default tone. Weird thing is that my daughter has the same phone and she's had no problem getting hers to accept the custom tone. (Yeah, I already had her check mine and it's set up exactly the same way hers is. Mine just doesn't like it.)
    01-23-09 09:20 PM
    I've searched the forums, I've followed all the advice to the letter, and I still can't get my phone to accept that I've changed the SMS tone. It insists on using some bloody awful default (sounds like The Partridge Family) that I absolutely can't get rid of. I've created profiles, established exceptions, etc. -- even went so far as to assign the same SMS tone to all three of the people who text me most often, and STILL I get the default tone. I've gone to Profiles, Advanced, Normal, Edit, set the SMS tone, and saved it. No dice. I then tried creating a custom profile and followed the same steps. No dice either. Why can't I get the phone to accept the new tone?
    Welcome to crackberry!
    01-23-09 09:33 PM
    Learn to like the Partridge Family? Welcome to Crack Nation!
    01-23-09 10:34 PM
    Maybe they are Level 1 msgs?
    01-24-09 06:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD