Hey, well I have my school e-mail address set up to be received on my blackberry (via IMAP setting). But I keep getting every e-mail twice (my gmail doesn't do this). I get the first e-mail anywhere from 3 minutes - 10 minutes after it is actually sent, and then after receiving the first e-mail, I'll get the second e-mail 5 minutes after that. So my first e-mail is 3-10 minutes after I should actually get it (but that just might be a server side problem), and then get the e-mail again 5 minutes after that.

Anyone have any ideas? This didn't use to do this, but I think it started after they upgraded the BIS
    03-29-09 08:39 PM
    Is there something in your school email account that could be automatically redirecting emails to your BB in addition to them being pushed by BIS?
    03-30-09 06:47 AM
    there used to be, but not anymore... I think when I tried using the thing to forward it to my BB, it was after it was already sending two of them.

I believe though I deleted my school e-mail account from my BIS e-mail online, and then re-added it again (as I was trying something), and that's when it started, so I'm not sure if that has an effect on it.
    03-30-09 07:38 AM
    Might be worth a call to Verizon to check that you don't have duplicate email accounts set up, even if it doesn't show in your BIS.
    03-30-09 07:50 AM
    alright I figured out what this was all about, but I'm not sure how to fix it.

What I have happening is that I added my school e-mail account into GMail (for backup purposes - as my school e-mail doesn't let us keep a lot of e-mails in the mailbox). But the GMail "add account" feature only works over POP so the e-mails are received obviously a LOT later than they should be. So I just add my school e-mail directly into my blackberry so that it is instant.

Before this BIS upgrade, I could choose the e-mails from my school e-mail to INSTANTLY be archived and skip the mailbox, for some reason that worked so that my GMail setup on my blackberry wouldn't receive the mail (as I guess it's not considered "new mail"). Well now with the BIS upgrade, it seems to have gotten rid of that "Feature". So even though on my actual GMail that mail is not in my inbox, and it's marked as read, the blackberry still receives it. Any idea on what to try?
    03-30-09 07:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD