So last night I walk out of the theater and noticed that my BB is off, not a huge thing so I try to turn it back and no luck. So I promptly did a battery pull and she starts right back up. The only thing is once it starts up none of my buttons work, it will scroll up and down but wont select anything! So of course since I cant do anything on the phone I try a few more battery pulls and nothing gets changes. So this morning I restore my phone to a couple weeks ago and remove all the third party apps just to see if that fixes it but that doesnt work either. So I searched around here and found that a small group of us are all having the same problem and no one can offer any advice other then doing a battery pull. So anyone out there have any idea what could be going on with these berries?
    10-01-08 07:52 PM
    Oh man, I would be angry. How long have you had it?
    10-01-08 07:54 PM
    Wow that's so funny, because the same thing happened to me on Saturday night. i went to homecoming and it was working good before and the after the dance when we were parting i went to sent a text and my keyboard wouldn't work. i tried everything a memory wipe new os install, i sent it out on Monday and sprint is sending me a new one.

My mom was like " why do you seemed so depressed, i was like mom my berry is broken and she was like so what its just a phone, and i almost went crazy, but then i thought she doesn't understand half the things it does so i just smiled at her.
    10-01-08 08:09 PM
    I've heard two incidents like this before. Always with people at a club or a party dancing. Are you all in mosh pits maybe slam dancing a little too hard? The first guy I heard of with this problem was dancing near a pack of wild fist pumpers.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-01-08 08:29 PM
    Or sweating all over it, perhaps?
    10-01-08 08:31 PM
    Hmmm did you guys upgrade to 4.5? Just looking for possible causes.

10-01-08 08:31 PM
    yes, I had 4.5 and was sweating like a mad man! I thought sweat may be the issue but I figured the rolling of the trackball wouldn't work if sweat was the killer.
    10-01-08 10:51 PM
    Sweat can do some funky things. You never know quite what you've shorted out. Not saying that's the culprit, but it could be compromising the unit. Get an Otterbox for the mosh pits.

10-02-08 12:14 AM
    Hopefully you have insurance because damage to the keyboard from water (ie sweating like a mad man) will likely not be covered by the warranty if they detect it.
    10-02-08 06:43 AM
    Yeah i have insurance so im not worried about it i just cant wait till it gets here.
    10-02-08 10:23 AM
    This just happened to me yesterday too. I can say for sure that I was not sweating and in fact my berry was working great in the morning. Then, the talk button wouldn't work, I couldn't dial any numbers, couldn't write any texts/emails/bbm's, nothing. Then, with the phone just sitting on my desk, bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb shows up on my screen and then the phone starts to dial the last contact called. End button doesn't respond, menu button doesn't respond and trackball is sporadic. Had to do a battery pull in order to get it to stop.

Using a T-Mobile8320, stock OS w/ autokeylock and vibandring
    10-02-08 11:03 AM
    The other day I was on my throne texting with the shower running and the steam caused my berry to start acting funny. The roller would only scroll up and down and I couldn�t select any thing. I freaked and ran out the bathroom with my pants down. At the same time my wife was walking in the bedroom and caught the end and said, �I don�t wanna know!�. When my berry cooled down it started working again but since then it freezes up and restarts. Its brand new so its still under warranty and if it keeps acting ill just replace it. The moister could cause the board to short circuit.

did not upgrade. have TMO 4.2 os

Last edited by PCJ14; 10-02-08 at 11:31 AM.
    10-02-08 11:28 AM
    The other day I was on my throne texting with the shower running and the steam caused my berry to start acting funny. The roller would only scroll up and down and I couldn�t select any thing. I freaked and ran out the bathroom with my pants down. At the same time my wife was walking in the bedroom and caught the end and said, �I don�t wanna know!�. When my berry cooled down it started working again but since then it freezes up and restarts. Its brand new so its still under warranty and if it keeps acting ill just replace it. The moister could cause the board to short circuit.

Now this was funny Not funny that it happened to your berry, but funny you ran out with your pants down and your wife knew it had something to do with your berry.
    10-02-08 01:21 PM

OMG - I shot coffee out of my nose
    10-02-08 01:42 PM
    Lol and you were on your throne too

10-02-08 02:00 PM
    No problem, you can always revive it...

there is a sticky thread where tells you step by step on how to revive a dead berry. Search for it.

It worked for me
    10-02-08 02:04 PM
    No problem, you can always revive it...

there is a sticky thread where tells you step by step on how to revive a dead berry. Search for it.

It worked for me
    yeah i did that and it didn't work so idk whats up, it was really weird.
    10-02-08 02:19 PM
    Well I called Verizon yesterday and I got a refurb replacement today in the mail. I never realised how much I really do depend on my BB, the last 24 hours has sucked. My girlfreind even asked me if someone died since I was in such a bad mood but she laughed at me when I told her it was my phone. I guess those people without one really dont understand, I am just a shell without my BB. Ok well not a shell but certainly not as productive. It seems like there are quite a few poeple with the same problem, maybe we should bring this to the attention of BB?
    10-02-08 04:37 PM
    dude my phone did that today and I thought it was one my kids playing with my phone. The buttons won't light up but the tracking ball still works but it won't select anything. Did you find a solution on how to get your phone back working?
    10-18-08 10:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD