can anyone tell me why my bb turns off then restarts itself? and it happens around 3x's a day. i was told that it happens but not supposed to as frequently as it is for me. tech support said i might have a virus? i haven't DL any new apps though... anyone have any ideas???
    thank you!
    07-16-08 11:20 PM
    battery charge ok and able to hold a charge? Is the temp of the device ok? Seem unusually warm? Do a battery pull yet? Does it do it off the battery only or does it replicate when it is charging?

Good Luck
    07-16-08 11:25 PM
    This is a problem where you really need to provide better details of the problem. Such as explaining the circumstances in which the problem happens. Is there a pattern to it? Did you install anything recently when it started happening? How much memory do yo have free? Go to Options > Status, what is listed for File Free? And whomever you were speaking with about the issue has zero clue about your device, considering that there are no known viruses for the BB.
    07-16-08 11:28 PM
    my blackberry started doing this yesterday.. if i let it sit idle for 1 min exactly it shuts off and reboots... but it seems to stay on when i have it plugged into my laptop?? but if i plug it into the wall it shuts on and off... i have lots of memory i dont download anything.. i dont know but i am so done with blackberry... this is my 5th one and i refuse to replace it im thinking IPHONE...
    03-10-10 08:05 AM
    I had the same problem with my 8330 (Verizon) about 6 weeks ago. My phone was replaced and the problem was solved. But while it was occurring, it was the worst thing because it would turn-off in the middle of a call, and it would do so many times a day.

Now, I'm on about my 3rd or 4th replacement phone since December and am experiencing the dreaded "screech noise" that occurs on the 8330's. We're trying to figure it out now by sending ### to Verizon each time it occurs. When the Curve works it's great, but it's frustrating when it has these weird problems. I too am tired of changing phones every 2 or 3 weeks. It's a big hassle getting my 3rd party software reloaded from Appworld, although lots easier from Mobihand (Crackberry). Good luck with your situation.
    03-10-10 09:30 AM
    I had my first replacement because of this.
    Your memory card, if one is in the device, is losing it's contact with the device.
    Also, if there is a corrupt sector or file on your memory card it causes this to occur.
    03-10-10 09:36 AM
    I had this same problem and Sprint replaced it for me. I didn't even buy it through them, I bought it on ebay. They didn't go through my insurance, they just sent me a new one.
    03-10-10 10:31 AM
    The Same Thing Was Happening To Me, i Got A New Battery && It's Fine Now. If The Battery Has A Bump On It It Means Its Time TO Get A New One.
    01-10-11 07:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD