Hello everyone! I got a problem with my curve and i need help! please respond even to say there's no hope, you don't know and of course if you have an answer to my problem, it would be much appreciated!

BTW same problem happened with my pearl but i didn't pay attention to it because I was about to upgrade my phone to a curve.

My phone seems possessed, for example im texting and all of a sudden the menu pops and sends the message without me even touching the menu button, or its on the table and you can see that its opening applications, or penning emails and saving blank drafts... its a real pain in the ***, i cant write an email to my clients because the phone will send it right when im in a middle of a sentence, im trying to search something from my google application and im not finishing typing the words and the menu pops and presses search... you get the idea.

I thought it had something to do with my OS. I had 4.5.0.110 but since this started to happened i downgraded it to my carrier's own OS: 4.5.0.37, but the problem remains. I even did a wipe with jl_cmder and restore the .37 os, but the problem remains

WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY PHONE?? PLEASE HELP!!!

Obviously i dont want to send it to my carrier's customer service, as they enjoy charging insane fees for problems i know i can solve them myself with the advice of any of you guys!

Thanks for your help!
    02-02-09 09:20 AM
    Hello everyone! I got a problem with my curve and i need help! please respond even to say there's no hope, you don't know and of course if you have an answer to my problem, it would be much appreciated!

BTW same problem happened with my pearl but i didn't pay attention to it because I was about to upgrade my phone to a curve.

My phone seems possessed, for example im texting and all of a sudden the menu pops and sends the message without me even touching the menu button, or its on the table and you can see that its opening applications, or penning emails and saving blank drafts... its a real pain in the ***, i cant write an email to my clients because the phone will send it right when im in a middle of a sentence, im trying to search something from my google application and im not finishing typing the words and the menu pops and presses search... you get the idea.

I thought it had something to do with my OS. I had 4.5.0.110 but since this started to happened i downgraded it to my carrier's own OS: 4.5.0.37, but the problem remains. I even did a wipe with jl_cmder and restore the .37 os, but the problem remains

WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY PHONE?? PLEASE HELP!!!

Obviously i dont want to send it to my carrier's customer service, as they enjoy charging insane fees for problems i know i can solve them myself with the advice of any of you guys!

Thanks for your help!
    Well here is the problem your Curve Is Possesed! j/k Is this device a refurb or is it brand new?
    02-02-09 09:23 AM
    j/k Is this device a refurb or is it brand new?
    hahaha
    its not refurbished, bought it brand new but i've had it with me for 5 or 6 months now
    02-02-09 09:33 AM
    Well, my bb is back to normal, by doing a lot of reading and going back to the events prior to my bb acting all crazy on me, i realized it might've been because while i was in the shower the phone began to ring and i answered it, so some water might've gone inside and the moisture was causing this crazy attitude.

As insane as it sounds, I took the battery out and bury my phone in rice and left it there all day and voila! no more problems!!
    02-03-09 12:24 AM
    Since your phone is only 6 mos. old, you may want to consider getting a replacement for it anyway. There could be some problems due to corrosion down the line, even though it seems o.k. now.
    02-03-09 12:31 AM
    Reya first of all welcome to crackberry! Next I'm glad your device is working properly now!
    02-03-09 12:32 AM
    Since your phone is only 6 mos. old, you may want to consider getting a replacement for it anyway. There could be some problems due to corrosion down the line, even though it seems o.k. now.
    thanks... im gonna give it a few more months, anyway i'm getting the 8900 pretty soon
    02-03-09 12:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD