My BB just seems to have a battery that dies......is there a battery that has a longer life......or am I just in the world of BB now?
    01-08-11 07:17 AM
    How long has the battery been lasting? And have you checked to make sure you're exiting out of applications when you're done with them as opposed to sending them to the background? Also do you leave your bluetooth/WiFi on when you aren't using them?
    01-08-11 10:01 AM
    01-08-11 05:50 PM
    How old is the battery? They seem to have a limited lifespan of between one and two years typically, and one would likely notice degraded performance towards the end of its' useful life.

How long can you go on a charge? Are you a heavy user or light user? Constantly having the screen on and a bunch of apps running will help contribute to draining the battery. Is your screen brightness cranked right up?

Are you in a poor signal area? If so then the radio uses more power trying to find/maintain a signal. Same with wifi or bluetooth as the other poster mentioned, if you're not using them, shut them off so they're not looking for signals...
    Last edited by the_sandman_454; 01-09-11 at 10:07 AM.
    01-09-11 10:05 AM
    Try this: take your battery out and put it in again.
    If not then just keep a spare with you, or at least close to you.
    Also, be sure to close all apps by pressing exit and not simply the red button.
    Hope it helps, and keep us updated!
    01-09-11 08:39 PM
    My BB just seems to have a battery that dies......is there a battery that has a longer life......or am I just in the world of BB now?
    My Bold used to die at work very quickly without me even using it during the day because my carrier's signal was almost non-existent. The phone would search for a signal throughout the day and almost completely drain the battery.
    01-09-11 08:55 PM
    and if you're a heavy BBMer that can cause your battery to get used up faster too
    01-09-11 10:19 PM
    My 8310 is just at the two year mark and battery is not holding charge.
    Found batteries at cellphoneshop.com for as little as 12 USD.
    Hope that helps also.
    01-12-11 02:49 PM
    I use the extended battery from SEIDIO. It sticks out from the back a little, but it lasts me almost two days and I'm a pretty heavy user.
    01-13-11 02:02 PM
    my battery life is 1/4th what it should be .. any solutions?
    01-21-11 06:46 PM
    Most carriers will test your battery for free, if it is fautly or just worn out they will let you know, that way you wont be buying a new battery on a hunch that it is bad.
    01-23-11 11:25 AM
    I use the extended battery from SEIDIO. It sticks out from the back a little, but it lasts me almost two days and I'm a pretty heavy user.
    X2 on this advice. I have the extended battery and protective case (I drop it a lot). Wish I could find a holster for it.
    02-05-11 04:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD