How do I set it straight to bright? with a 10 second time out
    04-21-09 11:39 PM
    go to options>keyboard/screen and mess around with the settings in there. welcome to cb!
    04-21-09 11:43 PM
    savage is right... and man it can be a pain if you dont change it.
    04-22-09 12:05 AM
    Lol. Even if you change the settings, your BB will pretty much do whatever it wants to when it comes to the backlighbt brightness.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-22-09 12:07 AM
    Lol. Even if you change the settings, your BB will pretty much do whatever it wants to when it comes to the backlighbt brightness.

lol.. thats exactly why i didnt tell them "that will fix that".
    04-22-09 01:22 AM
    Wamm, its been my experience that even after setting backlighting, its going to change based on your present lighting conditions. If your lightening is dim/dark..phones backlight brightens.

And the reverse- if your conditions are well lit, the BB wont get brighter.
    04-22-09 01:25 AM
    It has a sensor that autoadjust to the lighting no way to disable it I don't think

04-22-09 01:41 AM
    It has a sensor that autoadjust to the lighting no way to disable it I don't think

you can try to disable it.... look back post #2 for futher instructions
    04-22-09 01:44 AM
    after that, check out post #4 and then #6
    04-22-09 01:47 AM
    yep... I tried testing it by covering that hole on the top... did nothing. It just changes whenever it feels like it. I figure so long as it isn't frozen or completely black it's fine. I just squint or open my eyes wider
    04-22-09 02:15 AM
    Wamm, its been my experience that even after setting backlighting, its going to change based on your present lighting conditions. If your lightening is dim/dark..phones backlight brightens.

And the reverse- if your conditions are well lit, the BB wont get brighter.
    I see the opposite. If the lighting is dim, the blackberry dims - because otherwise it would hurt your eyes

If the sensor detects bright light, they it brightens the screen so you can still read it. Unfortunately the screen is not day glo and can't use natural sunlight to make the screen more vivid and readable
    04-24-09 12:06 PM
    If your lighting is dim/dark and the BB dims, how are you supposed to see it.
    Also, if the sensor detects bright light it brightens some more? There would be no need for more brightness if the present lighting conditions are already bright.
    Last edited by ScandaLeX; 04-24-09 at 01:20 PM.
    04-24-09 12:27 PM
    I figure so long as it isn't frozen or completely black it's fine. I just squint or open my eyes wider
    That made me laugh!
    04-24-09 01:17 PM
    I see the opposite. If the lighting is dim, the blackberry dims - because otherwise it would hurt your eyes

If the sensor detects bright light, they it brightens the screen so you can still read it. Unfortunately the screen is not day glo and can't use natural sunlight to make the screen more vivid and readable
    \

This is correct...if you are in a dark room, the screen will not get brighter, but stay the same/dim....ever tried looking at the screen outside in the sunshine? if the screen was really dim it would be impossible to see, but brighten it up and it should be readable.....it is a bit backwards when you think about it, but this is correct.
    04-24-09 01:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD