Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. Wammbo's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    5 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default My backlight keeps going back and forth from dim to bright

    How do I set it straight to bright? with a 10 second time out
  2. SofaKingKev's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,606 Posts
    PIN
    EAL GLAND
    #2  

    Default

    go to options>keyboard/screen and mess around with the settings in there. welcome to cb!
    SmartPhones are only as smart as the people who use them
  3. Roush85's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    84 Posts
    PIN
    31570E1B
    #3  

    Default

    savage is right... and man it can be a pain if you dont change it.
  4. xliderider's Avatar
    Mr. X

    Posts
    13,013 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,901 Global Posts
    PIN
    T of beer please!
    #4  

    Default

    Lol. Even if you change the settings, your BB will pretty much do whatever it wants to when it comes to the backlighbt brightness.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  5. SofaKingKev's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,606 Posts
    PIN
    EAL GLAND
    #5  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xliderider View Post
    Lol. Even if you change the settings, your BB will pretty much do whatever it wants to when it comes to the backlighbt brightness.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    lol.. thats exactly why i didnt tell them "that will fix that".
    SmartPhones are only as smart as the people who use them
  6. ScandaLeX's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    9,503 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,176 Global Posts
    PIN
    ch Ur Own %^z
    #6  

    Default

    Wamm, its been my experience that even after setting backlighting, its going to change based on your present lighting conditions. If your lightening is dim/dark..phones backlight brightens.

    And the reverse- if your conditions are well lit, the BB wont get brighter.
    EVO da 1st 4G
    Posted from my *EYE*pad!
  7. qsf2009's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    26 Posts
    #7  

    Default

    It has a sensor that autoadjust to the lighting no way to disable it I don't think

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  8. SofaKingKev's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,606 Posts
    PIN
    EAL GLAND
    #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by qsf2009 View Post
    It has a sensor that autoadjust to the lighting no way to disable it I don't think

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    you can try to disable it.... look back post #2 for futher instructions
    SmartPhones are only as smart as the people who use them
  9. SofaKingKev's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,606 Posts
    PIN
    EAL GLAND
    #9  

    Default

    after that, check out post #4 and then #6
    SmartPhones are only as smart as the people who use them
  10. FRUHD's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    #10  

    Default

    yep... I tried testing it by covering that hole on the top... did nothing. It just changes whenever it feels like it. I figure so long as it isn't frozen or completely black it's fine. I just squint or open my eyes wider
  11. corkboard's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    10 Posts
    #11  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScandaLeX View Post
    Wamm, its been my experience that even after setting backlighting, its going to change based on your present lighting conditions. If your lightening is dim/dark..phones backlight brightens.

    And the reverse- if your conditions are well lit, the BB wont get brighter.
    I see the opposite. If the lighting is dim, the blackberry dims - because otherwise it would hurt your eyes

    If the sensor detects bright light, they it brightens the screen so you can still read it. Unfortunately the screen is not day glo and can't use natural sunlight to make the screen more vivid and readable
  12. ScandaLeX's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    9,503 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,176 Global Posts
    PIN
    ch Ur Own %^z
    #12  

    Default

    If your lighting is dim/dark and the BB dims, how are you supposed to see it.
    Also, if the sensor detects bright light it brightens some more? There would be no need for more brightness if the present lighting conditions are already bright.
    Last edited by ScandaLeX; 04-24-2009 at 01:20 PM.
    EVO da 1st 4G
    Posted from my *EYE*pad!
  13. mojo pin's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    366 Posts
    #13  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FRUHD View Post
    I figure so long as it isn't frozen or completely black it's fine. I just squint or open my eyes wider
    That made me laugh!
  14. endoxc's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    56 Posts
    #14  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by corkboard View Post
    I see the opposite. If the lighting is dim, the blackberry dims - because otherwise it would hurt your eyes

    If the sensor detects bright light, they it brightens the screen so you can still read it. Unfortunately the screen is not day glo and can't use natural sunlight to make the screen more vivid and readable
    \

    This is correct...if you are in a dark room, the screen will not get brighter, but stay the same/dim....ever tried looking at the screen outside in the sunshine? if the screen was really dim it would be impossible to see, but brighten it up and it should be readable.....it is a bit backwards when you think about it, but this is correct.

Posting Permissions