I coverted a few videos and none will play in Mp4 format. It always says not supported file type. I've tried 4 different converters and none will play. I even tried the psp converted guide and it won't play that file. I followed it step for step.
    08-10-08 12:49 PM
    i can't promise it will work.
    i had this issue a few weeks ago trying to the dark knight on to my phone. i coverted with the software in the quote below then used the blackberry/roxio media manager in the DM. good luck.
    This is what I use, it's free, easy to use and pretty fast
    08-10-08 12:56 PM
    If you're on Verizon, either use the Desktop Manager/Roxio software provided by them or you can try the guide in my signature.
    08-10-08 01:15 PM
    Where is that software?
    08-10-08 03:01 PM
    If you're on Verizon, either use the Desktop Manager/Roxio software provided by them or you can try the guide in my signature.
    I tried to usw what was in your sig but wasn't able to figure it out. I followed the steps but the end result wan't a vid file...it was just a file
    08-10-08 03:02 PM
    i'm having the same problems i'm using multiple converters and everyting nothing is working i'm gonna try one last thing but this is getting very frustrating
    08-10-08 03:09 PM
    I tried to usw what was in your sig but wasn't able to figure it out. I followed the steps but the end result wan't a vid file...it was just a file
    You need to name it with an .mp4 when you are saving it, it doesn't do it automatically. Without a proper file extension on the end, your computer and Blackberry have no idea what kind of file it is. That goes for anything, not just videos.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-08 03:29 PM
    Make sure the converting software you're using is the latest version. I had the same issue where my 8330 would not play MP4 files after converting videos using "Ultra Mobile 3GP Video Converter." A simple upgrade fixed the issue.
    08-10-08 04:17 PM
    Get Blackberry Video Converter from Seabyrd Technologies - Blackberry Video Converter. It's free and it works every time.
    08-10-08 04:20 PM
    You need to name it with an .mp4 when you are saving it, it doesn't do it automatically. Without a proper file extension on the end, your computer and Blackberry have no idea what kind of file it is. That goes for anything, not just videos.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    i fixed it and it plays on my pc but i still get the "...unsupported type" message
    08-10-08 05:11 PM
    Get Blackberry Video Converter from Seabyrd Technologies - Blackberry Video Converter. It's free and it works every time.
    don't see a mp4 option
    08-10-08 05:19 PM
    I use a free program called SUPER by Erightsoft. It is an all-in-one, self updating, and it works great. It will convert ANY type of video to ANY format you can think of. And it is pretty user friendly to use. It has all kinds of presets to convert files to use on phones.

Here is the link
    08-10-08 05:22 PM
    I use a free program called SUPER by Erightsoft. It is an all-in-one, self updating, and it works great. It will convert ANY type of video to ANY format you can think of. And it is pretty user friendly to use. It has all kinds of presets to convert files to use on phones.

Here is the link
    already tried that program and it won't play the mp4 file on my 8330
    08-10-08 05:29 PM
    already tried that program and it won't play the mp4 file on my 8330
    That is very odd since it works perfectly on mine....I convert .FLV from youtube, and DVD videos all the time to watch on my berry.

Have you tried Holy Water?

EDIT: Are you converting to .mp4 or .3g2?

I usually just convert to .3g2 format...
    08-10-08 06:00 PM
    Have you read the title of the thread?? I want mp4. I can convert to 3gp.
    08-10-08 06:06 PM
    On this website, it states that Verizon changed its video extensions to its BB lineup.

08-10-08 06:08 PM
    i fixed it and it plays on my pc but i still get the "...unsupported type" message
    As long as you are setting the Video to MPEG-4 ASP (lavc), the Audio to AAC (FAAC) and Format to MP4, it should play. You are resizing the video, right? Even if it's the right format, it won't play it if the resolution is larger than 320x240.

Also, since you are testing so much, you can just use the A and B buttons to mark out a small bit of video to convert, so you don't have to wait so long while you are trying to figure out the problem.

08-10-08 06:23 PM
    As long as you are setting the Video to MPEG-4 ASP (lavc), the Audio to AAC (FAAC) and Format to MP4, it should play. You are resizing the video, right? Even if it's the right format, it won't play it if the resolution is larger than 320x240.

Also, since you are testing so much, you can just use the A and B buttons to mark out a small bit of video to convert, so you don't have to wait so long while you are trying to figure out the problem.

I followed the guide from your sig step by step. I have those EXACT settings. I have tried 6 different converters now. None will play in pm4 on my 8330.
    08-10-08 06:38 PM
    I followed the guide from your sig step by step. I have those EXACT settings. I have tried 6 different converters now. None will play in pm4 on my 8330.
    Select out about 30 seconds of your video, convert it, then PM me and I'll give you my email address and you can send it to me and I'll check it out and see what is wrong with it.
    08-10-08 07:15 PM
    Try format factory, I haven't tried supers but format factory works for me, it even has a mode specifically designed for blackberries. I always use the function to convert any video to blackberry compatible mp4 file, it lets you define the dimensions too and bitrate / etc. the software is free and it is located at Format Factory - Download
    02-24-09 07:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD