About a month ago my 8330 **** the bed. I was on a phone call and it just died. I had just taken it off the charger so it had a full battery. The screen went white, then black, and it wouldn't turn back on. Did a battery pull and whatnot and it would only produce a red light and then nothing. I scoured the web for solutions and did everything I could possibly find - bought a new battery, did an OS reset, etc. Finally I broke down and took it to a Sprint store to have it looked at. They told me it was out of warranty and to replace it with another piece of junk, refurbished, lesser model it would be $120. I opted out of that.

I stuck the phone on a night stand next to my bed and got a replacement off of ebay for the time being and said screw it because I didn't know what to do. Last night, I woke up to this flashing red light on my phone - the status light in now in a state of constant red flashing.

This phone has been laying here for almost a month and has done absolutely NOTHING and all of a sudden it's doing this. It still won't turn on. I attempted another battery pull, but it still did the solid red light, went black, and then about a minute or two later went to this flashing state.

Any suggestions?
    03-03-10 08:07 AM
    I postulate that boot files have been corrupted. For all their hype over security, the ability to spontaneously corrupt critical system files is quite a common 'feature' of BlackBerry devices and they can be a pain to get working again.

It has not actually happened to a phone in my care, so I am guessing that it is spontanious based on what others tell me. However, I intentionally buy 'faulty' BlackBerry phones on ebay because 99% of them inheret the identical Research in Motion quality. This is the BlackBerry's unique ability to spontaneously corrupt it's own system files, so its something I am familiar with.

Reinstall the OS (I believe that a complete install replaces java!)

Connect to DM 5.x using USB cable. The DM won't know what the device is (Windows won't help) because its not working. However, the DM can know that 'something' is connected and it can begin the OS install procedure. This involves the DM connecting to the Internet and downloading files. The procedure takes a minimum of 30 minutes (maybe much longer).

Just follow the onscreen instructions. Your BB won't appear any different until the procedure is complete so don't interrupt after it has started.

If the DM fails, there are other utilities that can force the install of a fresh OS. I will gladly post more information if you ask for it but in many cases DM 5.x will do the job.

Alternatively, you can send it to me
    Last edited by flop; 03-03-10 at 09:20 AM.
    03-03-10 09:10 AM
    Try this
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ckberry-32322/

If the device is unrecognizable when connected USB try this
    http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ked-blackberry

Just had to do this on mine from a corrupted OS install and got mine back up and running.
    03-03-10 10:48 AM
    I am going to once again try & reinstall the OS since there is some LED activity now and there wasn't before. *crosses fingers*
    03-03-10 08:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD