A couple days ago my bb started glitching out..

Anything on the top row was converted into "yi" (the i had an accent) and the bottom row was "yy". and the trackball was always scrolling either left or up.

The keyboard is now back to normal, but hte trackball is still glitched out. I tried cleaning it with rubbing alcohol but that didn't seem to do anyhting.

This happened once before, but a simple reboot fixed all the problems. But after several reboots and keeping the battery out for over 2 separate nights, the problem is still here. Anyone have this happen to them before?

I think it could be humidity damage from being in my pocket all day at work? but i've had it in my pocket for months now and i've only had the problem once..

And i tried swapped with a 8130 pearl trackball and it didnt work either, so i know my trackball is fine.
    08-01-09 12:19 AM
    Also, my keyboard/trackball backlight never turns off. If i leave the bb and let it go into standby (the screen turns off), instead of the keys/ball going off as well, they get dimmer. Weird.
    08-01-09 12:41 AM
    Ive had similar problems that uve been having. It always happens when I take my bb outta my pocket after work! I think your right about the humidity part.

Some of my keys also get intertwined and some have functions as others. Like sometimes I will push the "e" button and it will type the letter "o" on the screen. There separated quite far away from eachother too. After about 15-20 minutes out of my pocket, the keys come back to normal.

As for the trackball. I just had this issue yesterday. I waited overnight with my blackerry on and in the morning the sensor was coming back. I had to push way harder for it to register though. I had this same thing happen to me a couple months ago also and eventually the sensor came back to normal. Just push on the sensor with pressure for a period of time and it should come back (hopefully).

I guess the main thing I personally have learned from this is "treat your bb with care" lol. Get a protective case or something similar...
    Last edited by YouBoysReady4Mexico; 08-01-09 at 02:12 AM.
    08-01-09 01:39 AM
    yea i tried putting pressure and i get no results. I think im gonna open it up and try and see if there is a problem.. not much else i can do i guess?
    08-01-09 04:45 PM
    Sounds like a moisture/liquid damage problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-09 07:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD