I have a Curve 8310 with AT&T service. I am running OS 4.5.0.124. I was looking at my bill and noticed that every 3 days my phone is sending out 25kb-27kb of data and every 9 days it sends out 1kb. I know I haven't been sending any data like that.
    I am currently enrolled in the family plan and I have 4 other members on the plan. My phone is the only one with OS 4.5.0.124 and it is the only phone sending out data like this. Is there a feature in OS 4.5.0.124 that is turned on that would be sending out data from my phone? And if so...What data is it sending? I'm a little concerned because I do store a lot of important stuff on my BB.
    I have no enterprise services setup and no 2nd party apps running. Is the GPS independant from the internet? Even so, I uninstalled navigator.
    06-01-09 11:02 AM
    KB? That is so small I am surprised you would even consider it.

Perhaps it is just pinging a server or something. In the grand scheme of things that amount of data is not even worth looking at.
    06-01-09 11:23 AM
    Well...Unlike some of you hardcore BB users...I am not paying AT&T $30 a month for a data bundle. I have internet on just about every device I own as it is! Therefore AT&T charges me 1 cent per KB. After a month of all this mysterious KB transaction it adds up, not much, but it's more than I want to pay for nothing. Also, I'm just curious as to whats causing it and my phone is the only one doing it.
    06-01-09 11:50 AM
    Oh, in that case go to Manage Connections->Mobile Network Options->Data Services and make sure it is set to OFF.

No more data.
    06-01-09 12:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD