Hey everyone, I'm hoping I could get some help with a few issues I have with my Curve 8310. I live in Toronto Canada, and currently with Rogers Wireless. I've called numerous times to the BB Tech Support, and no one seems to know what I'm talking about.

A few basics first.

The OS is 4.0.5.81 with just over 1.9 million bytes free. I only have Google Maps installed, no other apps or extra themes, no pictures, nothing, it's quite plain actually. Here are the issues;

1. Whenever I type an email or text, as I'm typing, the menu key pulls up and sends my message instantly in a split second, without allowing me to finish what I was typing.
    2. I recently sent a client an email to which he received it 16 times, all with the same time/date stamp. WTF??
    3. Whether viewed online, or saved to the internal media file, I'm not able to watch any videos that I'd like to see from Youtube. I always get an error indicating the media type is not supported...ALWAYS !!
    4. The same thing happens with MP3's.
    5. I can't synchronize, or upgrade my 8310 to my laptop. A 'Certified Rogers Technician' at a local service center looked at my phone and laptop and couldn't figure it out either.

I'm not very happy with this situation, and no one seems to be any wiser. Am I losing my mind? Can anyone offer any solutions to this mess?

I've been contemplating upgrading to a Bold due to better system stability and quicker wi-fi (so I've heard). Any feedback on the Bold would be great as well.

Thanks everyone, for hearing me vent. I'd greatly appreciate any help that's available.
    05-11-09 09:56 PM
    Well I can tell you if you have 1.9 million bytes free if you divide that by 1 million that is 1.9 mb file free. This is waaaay to low and needs to be somewhere around 12. Now you say that there are few apps and themes and no pics that it is plain. If all this is true and you don't have but that amount of file free memory you probably have a memory leak somewhere. There is a memory optimization link in my signature check it out. Either that or you need to upgrade that OS and it should fix most of this...
    Last edited by mwdb4au; 05-11-09 at 10:09 PM.
    05-11-09 10:05 PM
    "The OS is 4.0.5.81 with just over 1.9 million bytes free. I only have Google Maps installed, no other apps or extra themes, no pictures, nothing, it's quite plain actually."

How can this be? Your memory is very low. You need at least 12 XXX XXX bytes file free memory for problem free operation.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-11-09 10:08 PM
    Try upgrading your OS. This should solve some of your problems. As far as memory goes, look at this link: http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/ It will guide you in freeing up memory.

05-11-09 10:10 PM
    awesome, thank you very much everyone for your input. I'm oing to try the memory optomization, and will keep everone posted. It's never occured to me that the memory may be the issue.

More to follow, cheers
    05-12-09 05:01 PM
    Just an update:

I cleaned the memory through Options-Security Options-Memory Cleaning.

It too roughly 20 minutes to finish, but the phone is working like a charm . No more issues as described in my original post.

The setting was set to 'disabled', not sure if that's a system default or not, but at this point, I'm not that concerned.

At least I know now where to look if this issue arises again.

Thanks once again for all the input. This saved me a lot of headaches
    05-13-09 10:03 AM
    I am new on crackberry and can't figure out how to post my own question yet so hope you don't mind: Just bought my wife a 8310 curve and for some reason the light on the keyboard and trackball doesn't work...so she can't use it in the dark not that's a good idea anyway but I am kicking myself that I can't figure it out from the manual.....any help out there????
    05-13-09 10:09 AM
    I am new on crackberry and can't figure out how to post my own question yet so hope you don't mind: Just bought my wife a 8310 curve and for some reason the light on the keyboard and trackball doesn't work...so she can't use it in the dark not that's a good idea anyway but I am kicking myself that I can't figure it out from the manual.....any help out there????
    First, to start a new thread, go to the forum in which you want to ask (ie BB 83xx series). Then at the top of the forum, you should New Thread, or something like that. Then state a title for the thread, give as good of detail about your problem that you can, and then post it.

Second, if your phone is still under warranty (1 year of purchase), call your carrier and have it replaced. There's no way of fixing this problem yourself without taking apart your BB, which will void the warranty. So call your carrier and have it replaced.

05-13-09 10:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD