So i fell in love with my 8310 when I first got it about 2 years ago. It has everything I could need. I am not a internet person but it has the memo pad for my fireman stuff, the right size buttons for texting since i have pretty large hands, and i liked the applications i had. Well my phone has taken the falls and the other day it fell face first into a rain puddle. I grabbed it up fast. The cell has dried and it still works except for the trackball and the menu button. Basically the 2 most important buttons. I took it to the store and the phones strip was still white and never turned red. They told me I am do for a upgrade. I love the 8310, its been great to me. So the question is...is there a fix of the keypad I can just get off ebay or the other options were 2 cells i found. Not wanting to do the whole data plan deal and not all stoked about a 3g. The guy was trying to press the torch on me and I told him no thanks.

The cells that interest me are.
    1) The 8520
    I like this one cause it seems like its not far from what i had...maybe a few new bells and whistles. I see it has wifi.

2)HTC Tilt 2
    09-08-10 06:19 PM
    75 people saw this and no replies...this thread dead?
    09-08-10 11:20 PM
    If you want to attempt repairs, you may be able to repair your 8310. Check out BlackBerry Curve 8300/8310/8320 OEM keyboard tray w/ trackball - Cellular Nationwide Network - for a possible fix.

Of the 2 devices, the 8520, without a pause. I have friends that had the Tilt 2, and it drove them up the wall. We were sitting and decided to add each other to our contacts list. I added, confirmed, and sent both of them a confirmation email simultaneously. I then waited as they continued to add my number and composed a return email. When their devices logged in and sent the email, I'd been detained for 7 minutes. I had both of their emails before their accounts forwarded mine to their devices. My time, about 45 seconds. Their time, just over 15 minutes.

To boot, he became so frustrated with trying to compose the message on his keyboard that he ended up resorting to the stylus.

Oh, by the way, his wife now has an 8310 and loves it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-10 12:29 AM
    I upgraded from my 8310 to an 8900 as per it's very similar. It includes WiFi and an improved screen and process and memory. Not sure what the 8520 has, though. If it has a trackpad they may be very similar with that exception. Having a keyboard is essential to me, so most of the Droid offerings on AT&T don't do much for me.

Since a lot of the area I'm in doesn't have 3G I was interested in it either.

I've never used the Tilt, so I can't be sure.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-10 12:30 AM
    well i am not to thrilled about the whole 3g deal, the at&t guy was trying to tell me that they will be getting rid of all the older phones soon and everyone will be going 3g and i told him he had no idea what he was talking about, i was fine with the 8310...had my cell in a rice bowl for about 2 days now seeing if that trick works, been using a pearl that was my little sisters for 2 days now and i hate it. basically family has iphones now. Bro just got the Samsung Captivate and its a pretty neat little cell...
    09-12-10 08:08 PM
    so no hits about the samsung captivate?
    09-18-10 02:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD