so my first curve worked great for a couple months and then started doing mildly annoying things from time to time, like registering 2 clicks of the trackball twice when i only clicked once, or randomly popping up menus when i hadn't hit the menu key. this got worse and worse over a couple months, until the keypad stopped working entirely.

so i got a replacement, and i've had it for about 2 months and now the same behavior has begun. this time, the phone is basically just clicking enter over and over by itself, the trackball click only works from time to time, and the letter p now types p AND opens the menu.

so, yeah, i guess i could send this one back too, but i can't endure having to do this every 2 months. anyone had problems like this? what should i do?
    06-11-08 09:21 AM
    If you like the Curve, talk to your carrier about a replacement. If you'd like to try another model, you can probably talk them into that as well.

Two tips, one from many discussions with carrier customer service reps.

1. Make sure the persons you speak with understand that it is your sincere desire to continue to be a customer, you'd just like a reliable phone.

2. Since you've been swapping units frequently, if you use 3rd party applications, check out EZ Reregister in my signature (shameless self-promotion, I know, but anyone that changes devices frequently really needs to take a lookie at it! ).
    06-11-08 09:31 AM
    thanks ma077146, i'm just worried, i'm going to get another bum phone. maybe changing models will help, i'll see what i can get out of them.
    06-11-08 09:34 AM
    Is it because of the way you are handling your trackball?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-08 09:46 AM
    Or, have you installed any particular software?

This is abnormal behaviour and there should be an explanation. Dust, mousture in the environment, maybe.

Take it back and get a new one anyhow, just because you can. If the third one does it, well.....
    06-11-08 10:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD