I just got my first BB, Curve 8330 with Verizon and the top right hand side buttons dont do anything when i assumed that you could change your ringing setting by pressing + or - ...is there a way to set that button to allow me to change my volume settings from vibrate, silent, loud, etc?
    04-21-09 08:30 AM
    The ringer selections are in the profile settings on the home screen. I would also suggest you dive into the Blackberry wow courses on this site. They are very helpful for these type of questions. Enjoy the phone and also Crackberry!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-09 10:07 AM
    Hey thanks for the reply, I know you can change the ringer selection under the profile setting but how can you control it with the buttons on the side of the blackberry? I was told there was a way to program that button to do that.
    04-21-09 10:16 AM
    The only side keys you can change in the convenience keys right/left.

The main purpose of the volume keys is listening to media and being on a call and adjusting speaker volume.
    04-21-09 10:21 AM
    You can make one of the side keys open up the profile settings.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-09 10:28 AM
    How do i make the key do that?
    04-21-09 02:10 PM
    Go to options then screen/keyboard

Scroll down till you see right and left keys. Click on what ever one you want to set for anything or profiles. the next screen will show list of applications you can assign to that button.
    04-21-09 02:12 PM
    Thanks I appreciate it, there's no way to program the button above the camera button so that when you hit up and down it scrolls through the volume settings ?
    04-21-09 02:18 PM
    Thanks I appreciate it, there's no way to program the button above the camera button so that when you hit up and down it scrolls through the volume settings ?
    Nope, sorry
    04-21-09 07:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD