My mute key has gone insane. Not only does it not always work when I push it, it often goes into spasms of randomly triggering without being pushed. This is a major problem, since in most applications it triggers a standby mode which can only be exited by... pushing the mute key.

Does anyone know a fix for this? Ideally, I'd like to make one of the convenience buttons a second Mute so I could use that to exit standby. That's not one of the native assignments; is there a program that could allow it? I'd also settle for killing the mute function entirely.

(Before anyone says "just replace the phone", it was a gift from a friend, not part of my Rogers plan. I'm gonna get a new one in a while, but until then, I'd like to be able to use the one I have.)
    07-02-10 04:43 PM
    Unfortunately, I do not believe you are able to set those as anything other then what they are. The way the OS is written is hard coded for those buttons, and they are not able to be user defined.
    07-02-10 05:16 PM
    Thanks for the reply. Anybody have another idea? There must be some way to disable mute.
    07-11-10 08:41 PM
    Do you have a 3rd party app putting you into standby mode?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-11-10 11:39 PM
    I found a way to exit standby on my phone and my brothers phone.

While in standbye mode, click the back button and quickly begin moving the trackball in a circle as fast as you can.

It worked on 2 8330m's.

07-12-10 07:44 AM
    I found a way to exit standby on my phone and my brothers phone.

While in standbye mode, click the back button and quickly begin moving the trackball in a circle as fast as you can.

It worked on 2 8330m's.

Haha that's so strange,it actually works
    07-12-10 08:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD