I hesitate to purchase a skin or slipper for my verizon 8330 because I prefer to have my phone on standby and I am afraid that if I stary using the Mute button all the time and stop using my pocket protector case, that the button will wear out. Has this been a problem for anyone? Does that button wear out like the trackball?
    10-28-09 04:21 PM
    The more you use anything the more it is going to wear out. That being said I have not heard of issues with the mute/standby button wearing out...
    10-28-09 04:31 PM
    the standby/mute switch is a switch like anymore, which will wear out over time

you can try downloading a free app called "auto stand by"
    it basically puts the phone in standby mode based on time or if the screen shuts off

this should help limit the use of the button half of the time, so you only need to use it to get out of standby mode
    10-28-09 04:33 PM
    If standby mode locks the keys and saves the battery, why would I ever use Keylock instead?
    10-28-09 04:35 PM
    Can no one answer my question?
    10-28-09 06:42 PM
    Can no one answer my question?
    they have, they said as with anything that is used a lot it wears out but they have not heard of anyone having problems i have the 8320 and i use mine all the time and i dont have any issues with it and i have a skin/gel case
    10-28-09 06:46 PM
    They answered my original question. However, my second question was why use key lock over standby.?. Besides the battery life.
    10-28-09 06:50 PM
    i dont use that but i think its basically user choice. most cell phones only offer the key lock and someone might want the phone on but lock the keys so nothing can be pushed but i feel really its just user preference.
    10-28-09 07:06 PM
    If it is just user preference, then that makes a little more sense. Any other opinions?
    10-28-09 07:10 PM
    I never use standby. Hitting the standby key and hitting it again to take it out of standby mode just seems more work (yes, I know I'm lazy. ahaha), but I'd rather just hit the a then send key to unlock the phone.
    10-28-09 07:14 PM
    Do you have an app that automatically engages key lock? Or do you actually prefer finding "key lock," engaging it, then hitting two buttons vs. Hitting mute once and hitting it again?
    10-28-09 07:18 PM
    I programmed my left convenience key to keylock so I don't have to find the lock icon everytime. I just find it a little annoying hitting the mute button. But its all personal preference.
    10-28-09 07:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD