Hi,

I recently purchased a Blackberry phone for the first time (8320) and I would appreciate some feedback about the music quality on the Blackberry Curve. This is my first smart phone purchase so any information anybody can provide will be appreciated.
    12-12-08 10:20 PM
    Adequate, at best. If you are serious about your music a dedicated
    music/multimedia player will always outperform any BB.
    12-12-08 10:28 PM
    I'll have to agree with AG. It does a decent job being an MP3 player, by like an ipod touch would be superior on many levels. Since I am just an occasional user of my music player, it suits me fine, but a serious music person would need a dedicated player.
    12-13-08 08:12 AM
    With my 8330. I have found that with the equalizer set on loud and a good quality set of head phones. It sounds close up against a friends ipod touch. The touch was slightly louder, but not much.
    12-13-08 08:27 AM
    The music quality of the Curve is, imo, very good. It is as good as any other MP3 player that I have used.

I once connected mine to my 5000 watt sound/pa system at a live gig I was doing and it sounded great.

There are some pics around in a post about that somewhere.
    12-13-08 09:48 AM
    i use my 8330 as my only player. i really hope that the media player is improved. the quality seems fine (could be better) but the volume is really low. i use stereo headphones with mine as well as plugging it into my car speakers. i find that i have to turn the car speaker volume wayup and then i hear a hissing or airy noise.

i know it can be improved for phones because my envs music player was really great! hopefully soon!
    12-13-08 09:55 AM
    Are you guys turning the Audio boost on.
    music, menu, options, audio boost
    12-13-08 10:18 AM
    It is adequate for everyday use, lol. One does need to invest in quality headphones and not expect it to do something it isn't designed to do. Like any playback device, it is only as good as it's speakers. My daughter's Nano is better, but it is only designed to do one thing.

Like watching video on a berry, I have a very good AV setup at home and I am spoiled. The berry will never be more than a diversion.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-08 10:23 AM
    Yes, and still in my opinion the BB is subpar to almost every dedicated device.
    The media player was one of those thing thrown on the device to make the BB
    more palatable to general consumer use. It does not seem a lot of thought went
    into it and RIM slapped the most "brown bag" player on the device they could
    come up with. Again, not saying it's horrible, just adequate.
    12-13-08 10:30 AM
    yes, i have adjusted the settings. it is still too low and not quite as crisp as it could be.

i don't think it's horrible either by any means! i use it everyday. i am into having one device for many functions since i travel a lot and travel light. but a side to side compare with the lg env makes it obvious that the bb media player needs some improvement!
    12-13-08 10:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD