Is this possible? I will play a playlist and then hit standby and it shuts off. Obviously I want the ability to put this in my pocket if I am going to listen to mp3s and it's really crappy if I can't have the screen off during this time.
    11-27-08 10:49 PM
    It is interesting that you ask this.

When I am playing MP3's on my Curve (OS 4.3) and I press pause, take the headphones out, then place it in standby, it plays the MP3's via the speaker phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-08 11:00 PM
    perhaps an alternative is to lock the keyboard while playing music? how do I lock the keyboard? heh novice question but Ive never had to do this
    11-27-08 11:11 PM
    Well, I know AutoStandby will do a by-pass if you program it to do that. (It is what i do for my music and gps to avoid the standby mode.) If you are going to or are using this program, it explains how to do this step by step in the "help" section
    11-28-08 12:01 AM
    The "Standby" button on the top of the phone is also the Mute button. So if you press it, the music will obviously mute.

You can lock the keyboard by pressing the "K" key. Note that this will only work if you have dialing from the keyboard turned off in the options.

Alternately, you could place the phone in a holster/sleeve while it is in your pocket.
    11-28-08 07:16 AM
    I have my left side convenience key set to keyboard and ive never had a problem locking it and putting it in my locket.
    11-28-08 08:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD