So I will be getting my new Curve today thanks to FedEx! Anyway, I am a long time fan of Sony Ericsson phones and my most recent one has a feature called TrackID which is a software created by Gracenote technologies. It allows me to record a sample of a song I hear anywhere and it transmits it to Gracenotes server and finds the name and artist of almost any song! I never thought it was that important, but it slowly became very, very useful and I would really hate to part with it. Does anyone know if there is a program like this for the Blackberry?

Thanks, and by the way, the anticipation is killing me to get home and play with my new toy!
    11-19-07 09:51 AM
    Well first of all congrats on your new BB, you wont regret it .....and well I have the 8130 and it brings a built in program called MusicID, it works exactly like the one you described (I didnt know that one before).. But yes, it has a Music recognition program.... as long as you have the 8130 and AT&t..., I dont know if the other models brong it too.... I do know that Verizon launched a program that also does music recognition called Vcast music ID, but I have no idea if they work for all the blackberrys

If you have any other question just let me know...
    11-19-07 12:30 PM
    Yeah, but you gotta pay $4 / month for it! It was a free program on the Sony, and I would just have to be concerned with data costs. There must be a program out there for this. I will find it. Oh yes, I shall. Id rather pay a small fee than monthly. Its outrageous to me.
    11-20-07 10:43 PM
    Yeah, but you gotta pay $4 / month for it! It was a free program on the Sony, and I would just have to be concerned with data costs. There must be a program out there for this. I will find it. Oh yes, I shall. Id rather pay a small fee than monthly. Its outrageous to me.

Let me know when you find it, since I am also unwilling to pay monthly fee for this
    11-21-07 10:44 AM
    YEAH whats going on with the fees?? I mean everything in the BB charges a monthly fee.... WHY? I mean the tell you only 199$.. but they orget to tell you PLUS.. PLUS...PLUS...PLUS.... I mean I wouldnt be amazed if the started charging a monthly fee just for having a BB...
    11-21-07 01:47 PM
    YEAH whats going on with the fees?? I mean everything in the BB charges a monthly fee.... WHY? I mean the tell you only 199$.. but they orget to tell you PLUS.. PLUS...PLUS...PLUS.... I mean I wouldnt be amazed if the started charging a monthly fee just for having a BB...
    I think they already did with the Data plan ( Either BIS or BES) since you almost definitely need one of those to make the BB work
    11-22-07 08:28 AM
    Exactly thats right.. very unfortunately I found out about that after I bought the BB, (NOT that I am regreting it or something) it's just that Im going to pay double what I thought I was going to pay monthly....
    11-22-07 09:33 AM
    So guys - no news on this in the last year? Really??
    12-14-08 02:35 PM
    Holy thread bump, Batman!
    12-14-08 03:26 PM
    Nobex radio companion...its no track id and trust me I miss it!!! I was a sony fan for a long time before I came to bb...but that program get the job done for me...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-14-08 03:42 PM
    There's an application called SHAZAM that does what you are looking for.
    04-01-09 10:35 AM
    Or, set notepad to one of your hotkeys (mine is the left bumper button) and when you hear a song you like type a few lyrics from the song in notepad. Then, when you get home, go to google and type the lyrics from notepad followed by the word lyrics. Example: --- I hate everything about you lyrics --- will return the correct song. That is all that your old phone did -- send the sound clips to live scribes who followed this very process. Its easy.

04-01-09 12:45 PM
    defenitely check out shazam!
    04-01-09 04:36 PM
    Thank you for resurrecting a thread that is over a year old
    04-01-09 06:29 PM
    Try Shazam from the new Blackberry App World.
    04-02-09 12:37 AM
    Or, set notepad to one of your hotkeys (mine is the left bumper button) and when you hear a song you like type a few lyrics from the song in notepad. Then, when you get home, go to google and type the lyrics from notepad followed by the word lyrics. Example: --- I hate everything about you lyrics --- will return the correct song. That is all that your old phone did -- send the sound clips to live scribes who followed this very process. Its easy.

haha nice one
    04-02-09 05:50 AM
    Wow! Shazam works really nice and the fact that it is free with no monthly charges makes me go

Edit: That is assuming you don't upgrade it.
    Last edited by McSaggler; 07-09-09 at 03:49 AM.
    07-09-09 03:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD