I know there are a bazillion posts about getting your music from the pc to the BB. My question is, where is a SAFE site to get music. I am really looking for something that is either free (like limewire but dont trust it) or like Napster than charges per month. Any suggestions would be great. thanks...NICK
    08-29-08 07:06 PM
    Do a google search. There are tons of free mp3 sites out there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-08 07:09 PM
    In my experience the free file sharing sites are nothing but trouble. They are loaded with viruses and bad files. I would leave them alone and do your DL'ing from Napster, Rhapsody, or some other respectable site. Free does not always mean free. There's almost always a price.
    08-29-08 07:09 PM
    In my experience the free file sharing sites are nothing but trouble. They are loaded with viruses and bad files. I would leave them alone and do your DL'ing from Napster, Rhapsody, or some other respectable site. Free does not always mean free. There's almost always a price.
    i agree with you thats why i said i dont trust limewire...can i download from napster or rhapsody and transfer them to a bb curve?
    08-29-08 07:11 PM
    Only if they are DRM free.
    08-29-08 07:14 PM
    and how do i find something like that out???
    08-29-08 07:18 PM
    Go to their sites and READ if they will play on non drm enabled devices or not.
    08-29-08 07:21 PM
    and how do i find something like that out???
    By using Google as previously suggested. As I just did.

Napster Launches DRM-Free Music Store: Over 6 Million MP3s | Listening Post from Wired.com
    08-29-08 07:22 PM
    Just curious why you don't trust such a program such as Limewire? As long as you have an anti-virus, you should be fine. I've never recieved a virus using the program.
    08-29-08 07:27 PM
    Hang on , I'll have a quick look for you.

Napster is not compatible.
    Rhapsody is not compatible
    iTunes is not compatible
    Zune subscription is not compatible
    Yahoo Music is not compatible

No luck so far.
    08-29-08 07:32 PM
    haha this sucks so im looking at Limewire type service or pay per track...
    08-29-08 07:34 PM
    There are plenty of viruses out there than can get around your anti-virus software. Nothing is 100%. But hey, if you like it go ahead and use it.
    Sorry about the pay sites not being compatible. I really didn't know that. I just transfer my CD's onto the BB. I still buy the plastic. Another example of the apparently old school me.
    08-29-08 07:35 PM
    I didn't even know you could still buy "real" cd's anymore

I purchased my mp3 collection from Zune for a couple of years , and most recently iTunes and use TuneBite to strip the drm's enabling them to play on my BlackBerry.
    08-29-08 07:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD