Been loving my BB 8330 for a year and a half now....just 6 months till im eligible for my upgrade.

All of a sudden im having major issues. I have made no changes at all and it is lagging like crazy. Takes seconds for things to open, to scroll...even very lagging when i type. Ive deleted unessisary apps, made sure apps are closed properly...not sure what else to do. Can anyone help?

Also, about a week ago I went to use my camera and it was green! It looks like a negative image. When I take a pic, the screen just turns white, with a timer and freezes. Video camer is affected too.

PLEASE help!! Thanks in advance!
    10-20-10 02:58 PM
    What's your free memory? Options/Memory or Options/Status.
    10-20-10 03:39 PM
    Try reseating the lens by pushing on it with a q-tip. Be careful another poster shattered his lens doing this. You are successful If you hear a click when it snaps back in. Hope this helps you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-20-10 04:57 PM
    I still say its a memory issue.

10-20-10 08:41 PM
    Hopefully he posts back so we see how it turns out jb!

10-20-10 09:10 PM
    Yeah, people post problems, we ask questions to try & help & we don't hear anything back. It sounded pretty urgent. Idk.

10-20-10 09:13 PM
    Pressing on the lens did fix the camera! But, it didnt snap....so im hoping i wont have to keep doing it.

My free memory is: 22174502
    10-21-10 07:13 AM
    Good job albee! As far as the lagging is concerned, I think it would help if you wiped your device and reloaded the software. I also recommend you consider upgrading your os to a hybrid 5.0. I have a Verizon 8330 and I updated the os last Feb and it made a world of difference.
    Last edited by jbarbero; 10-21-10 at 08:48 AM.
    10-21-10 08:14 AM
    How do I check and see what OS version I have? I've had this phone less than a year...and I know ive upgraded my OS once before.
    10-21-10 02:57 PM
    How do I check and see what OS version I have? I've had this phone less than a year...and I know ive upgraded my OS once before.
    Menu/Options/About. It will be the line that starts with v.

10-21-10 03:25 PM
    It says I have OS version v4.5.0.175
    10-25-10 08:10 AM
    The base Verizon OS is not very quick. After 4 months I was looking for a better OS. I finally opted for a hybrid OS 5.0. It made a world of difference. Read the tutorials and forums a BBTweaks.com and see if this is an option that you would be interested in. Good luck!
    10-25-10 08:57 AM
    22mb isn't that bad, it shouldn't be lagging. I have around 27mb and never see a spinning hour glass. Make sure to close out apps using the Menu/Close method. It could also be a new theme or app you recently downloaded. When is it lagging. If it lagging when your browsing, with the browser open press Menu/Options/ Browser Configuration. Uncheck Support Java Script, check Prompt to enable Java Script. That way if a website requires it, it will ask to enable it. That alone will make your browsing experience much faster.

10-25-10 09:29 AM
    22mb isn't that bad, it shouldn't be lagging. I have around 27mb and never see a spinning hour glass. Make sure to close out apps using the Menu/Close method. It could also be a new theme or app you recently downloaded. When is it lagging. If it lagging when your browsing, with the browser open press Menu/Options/ Browser Configuration. Uncheck Support Java Script, check Prompt to enable Java Script. That way if a website requires it, it will ask to enable it. That alone will make your browsing experience much faster.

albee, I think the difference may be that the OP is using the Veizon 4.5 OS. I didn't think you were still on that OS.
    JB
    10-25-10 09:32 AM
    Good catch jb! 4.5 is probably the culprit. Guess I didn't get enough coffee this morning! Yup I'm running OS 5! Yawn! Thanks for correcting me!

10-25-10 01:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD