I have a curve from Verizon, which is CDMA. I was in Panama last week and the phone was useless to me since Panama's network is GSM like most of world.

I will be traveling internationally with more regularity and dont want to be without my BB. So I was thinking about buying another Curve from a GSM carrier like Sprint or T-Mobile.

This presents several questions:

1. Can I sync the new BB to deskto using the existing Desk Top Manaager software?
    2. Does the software of the capability of pushing email to more than one dvice?
    3. Does anyone know anything about the different charges the carriers have for email?
    08-05-08 02:00 PM
    Your desktop manager can be used by several different BB's. It will recognize the BB by it PIN.
    08-05-08 02:12 PM
    . So I was thinking about buying another Curve from a GSM carrier like Sprint or T-Mobile.
    Just so you know, Sprint is a CDMA carrier just like Verizon. You can get one of the 8830we (World Edition) phones from either Sprint or Verizon that support GSM when out of their respective markets or go with one of the GSM only carriers like AT&T or T-Mobile.
    08-05-08 02:25 PM
    I have a curve from Verizon, which is CDMA. I was in Panama last week and the phone was useless to me since Panama's network is GSM like most of world.

I will be traveling internationally with more regularity and dont want to be without my BB. So I was thinking about buying another Curve from a GSM carrier like Sprint or T-Mobile.

This presents several questions:

1. Can I sync the new BB to deskto using the existing Desk Top Manaager software?
    2. Does the software of the capability of pushing email to more than one dvice?
    3. Does anyone know anything about the different charges the carriers have for email?
    1. Garz answered this question.
    2. Emails are delivered to your phone on a per phone basis. However since you are about to buy a GSM phone to complement your CDMA one then there is no reason (since you will now have two seperate contracts with two seperate carriers) why emails cannot be routed to both your phones if you set both BIS accounts up the same. Actually that that sounds like fun.
    3. The only way to know for sure is to call them. Also try looking in the the Carriers frum here on CB.

As 04Taco says, you should maybe consider either switching to an 8830we phone (does it have a camera? - anyone) or, just ditch the CDMA phone if you are going to spend time in the GSM world.

Hope this helps
    08-05-08 02:48 PM
    If you have two different carriers you are still going to be able to get emails on both devices. The emails will go through their carriers data service respectively.

I know that att has good rates while traveling internationally, they pride themselves on it. The data plans through att are $30 on top of your voice plan, that is unlimited data and up to 10 emails accounts pushed to your 8310 curve.

Hope some of this helped.
    08-05-08 03:10 PM
    As 04Taco says, you should maybe consider either switching to an 8830we phone (does it have a camera? - anyone)
    no sir it does not but i love it anyways
    08-05-08 03:14 PM
    no sir it does not but i love it anyways
    Thanks for the answer.
    08-05-08 03:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD