what is really the easiest way to have MSN messenger on the curve w/o having to buy Jivetalk ?
    07-20-08 11:50 PM
    well as of right now, I dont know of any other way...Supposedly, the new 4.5 OS will be able to use live messenger. I am running 4.5 and still cant get it to work on ATT. Hopefully, someone else on here has figured it out
    07-21-08 01:04 AM
    Try out the new BIS version...and hopefully that shud work....
    07-21-08 01:41 AM
    Try out the new BIS version...and hopefully that shud work....
    Have you the link for this "new" BIS version?? or is it still www.blackberry.com/livemessenger which I have never been able to get working, I am now running 4.5 but still cant get this working, read on a few posts that is purely carrier dependant??
    07-21-08 02:35 AM
    Is the stand alone version of Live Messenger for Blackberry radically different to the version in Jivetalk (which does work)?
    07-21-08 03:51 AM
    I read something at the weekend about an application called Palringo for blackberry which uses msn, yahoo etc. This application is free. Check it out.

MSN is also available through yahoo messenger isn't it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-08 03:57 AM
    [QUOTE=Hazysky;517919
    MSN is also available through yahoo messenger isn't it?[/QUOTE]

LOL! I hope not I deleted Yahho messenger to free up some space!! Trying my hardest to get MSN installed but keep getting the "your device does not meet the system requirements" message, running 4.5 now too.

I could put yahoo back on?

Can anybody confirm full MSN is availble through the yahoo message application??

Thanks all
    07-21-08 04:29 AM
    It probably wouldn't be 'full' msn rather you could add your msn contacts to yahoo I think.

07-21-08 04:47 AM
    Yeah I am after full MSN desktop logo the whole thing BUT no matter what I do I cant get it installed? has any other UK users managed to get MSN?? is it purely carrier dependant?? Thought the installation of the new OS would do it but no good
    07-21-08 04:51 AM
    I think it may be carrier dependent as I knowsome carriers have pushed the msn icon onto their users Blackberries.

Have you tried editing the permissions for msn?

07-21-08 05:09 AM
    I cant even get it installed to edit the permissions! LOL! just get the device does not meet the requirements message

I do have to install it to edit the permissions dont I ?? or is there other permissions I need to edit ?
    07-21-08 05:11 AM
    Yeah, you have to have it installed to be able to edit the permissions I believe

Either you will have to wait for Orange to approve/allow it or others who have been able to install it sucessfully can tell you how they did it.

07-21-08 05:23 AM
    Thanks hazy :-)

07-21-08 05:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD