When I got my Curve, it came with Yahoo and Gmail installed on the desktop. I set up a blackberry e-mail address that I use quite a bit and that works fine.

I also have MSN Mail (on my home PC - NOT hotmail) so when I want to access that on my Blackberry I get on the internet and go to the site and log in that way.

SO......

My coworker just got a Motorola Q and is constantly telling me how much better it is than the Blackberry (I disagree) and his Q came with MSN pre-loaded on it and whenever he has e-mail he gets an instant notification.

My question is, is there any way I can download MSN e-mail on my Blackberry so that I can have the icon on my desktop and be notified when I receive mail? OR... is the way I am currently doing it the only way.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    01-01-08 05:25 PM
    The Yahoo and Google that were installed on your Curve should have been instant messaging apps, not email links.

Normally you use the "setup internet email" icon to add your other email accounts so that they will push mail directly to the BB. You shouldn't have to log in and "check" your email, it should just show up. Once you setup your email addresses properly they will show up just like your blackberry email address.
    01-01-08 05:38 PM
    Try these links...

msn mobile in any search engine you'll get (http) ninfo.mobile.msn.com/en-us/default.aspx
    01-01-08 05:44 PM
    "Normally you use the "setup internet email" icon to add your other email accounts so that they will push mail directly to the BB. You shouldn't have to log in and "check" your email, it should just show up. Once you setup your email addresses properly they will show up just like your blackberry email address."

So, I can go to the 'setup internet email' and add my MSN address and it won't affect my blackberry e-mail address?

I can have more than one?
    01-01-08 05:47 PM
    That's correct. In fact, I suggest not even using that address as you will end up getting spam on it that you can't control. Also, there is no place on the web to retrieve that mail either. I deleted my blackberry address long ago when it began to get spam. You can have up to 10 email addresses sent to the BB. You can send from all 10, as well.

Good luck!
    01-01-08 05:50 PM
    I went to the setup. It asked me to enter my address, so I did. (my MSN address) and then it asked me to enter my password. My password is 12 characters - accepted by MSN, but on my Blackberry, there is only room in the box for 11 characters, so of course, it won't take it.

I cannot win tonight.

P.S. When you said you'd suggest not adding that address, did you mean the MSN address or the Blackberry Address?
    01-01-08 05:56 PM
    I meant the blackberry.net address. You don't need it if you get your other email accounts working.

I wasn't aware of an 11 character limit on the passwords. Go the MSN site and change your password and try it again.
    01-01-08 05:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD