It finally arrived, my new 8310. Yes! Right now it is locked on T-Mobile UK but that will soon change.

As it happened I had a T-Mobile Pay As Ya Go SIM card kicking around so I put that in the phone and away she went.

I called T-Mobile and told them that I was working in Switzerland (well, it's true) and told them that I had bought myself a Pay As You Go Swisscom SIM card (that's true too but I keep in as a spare phone in the car) and, would they be kind enough to unlock my phone. Yes, they said for �15 and a 28 day wait. S<%�w that. I went to my usual supplier for unlocking phones and I'll have the number in a couple of days.

So, no data plan today, just calls but, I just love the Curve over the 8100. The keyboard is a different world - really. I can type again.

I upgraded to 4.2.2.194 without difficulty and find that there are quite a few differences between the two phones. Menu choices are more complete. For instance you can add a fold to the cCurve's desktop. Can't do that on the 8100.

This is JUST GREAT.
    04-15-08 08:57 AM
    Congrats.

Folders are cool... I put all the excess icons I don't use often, and trash icons that get pushed down in another folder, and then HIDE it. Out of site.
    04-15-08 09:01 AM
    Yeah, wanted to do that on the Pearl. Seems silly 'cos the Pearl has such a small screen. It would have been an obvious option.
    04-15-08 09:03 AM
    Woo hoo congrats on the new BB Pete!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-08 09:05 AM
    Thanx Hazy
    04-15-08 09:12 AM
    dude! nice!
    i know just what you're sayin
    the combination of the keyboard, and the bigger better screen and the sweet camera
    also the web looks much better/faster on the curve screen
    goddamn, the camera on the 8100 sucks donkey balls...
    04-15-08 09:13 AM
    sucks donkey balls...
    Never tried that, any good?
    04-15-08 09:17 AM
    I store all icons I don't use in one folder and then hide it to

04-15-08 09:19 AM
    I store all icons I don't use in one folder and then hide it to

!copycat!
    04-15-08 09:28 AM
    I am not sure if 'copycat' is appropriate. Icons have been around for a while.

There was an apocryphal story a few years back about Microsoft buying the Catholic Church and a Cardinal from Rome said that he was looking forward to helping Bill G. because his lot had been working with icons for a lot longer than Microsoft. Or so the story goes...
    04-15-08 09:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD