Is there any MP3 subscription services (such as Rhapsody, Napster, ect) that work with the BB Curve 8310? I would like to try one of them where you can refill your music as long as you keep the service and there isn't one for my ipod....
    03-07-08 09:30 AM
    Unfortunately,no. I'd love Napster to Go (or Rhapsody) to break into this.
    03-07-08 12:15 PM
    Unfortunately,no. I'd love Napster to Go (or Rhapsody) to break into this.

that would be sweet!
    03-07-08 07:16 PM
    That would be a great idea and I would think more revenue for the companies to offer it, wonder why they haven't yet?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-07-08 07:26 PM
    seems tome the third party mp3 apps would utilize this feature since RIM doesn't.

Most unfortunate, seeing as how i was going to use my curve instead of buyng another mp3 player to replace my one i lost. But since i pay 20 bucks a month in subscription services to yahoo i need to be able to use it. SO i guess i will be buying another mp3 player.
    05-14-08 11:02 AM
    I guess i don't understand, why don't you just download it from whereever and transfer it to the BB? as long as you get DRM-Free mp3's or remove the DRM it isnt a problem.
    05-14-08 11:08 AM
    Well I didn't think any programs could remove DRM from music but I've found a few applications that claim to do so.

I found this program called TuneClone that's $35 that I plan on trying out to see if it will work with Rhapsody.
    Last edited by cleonjones; 05-24-08 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Found some software
    05-24-08 01:04 PM
    Okay I just got the free 2 week trial of Rhapsody and used a program called NoteBurner. It works by creating a virtual disk drive (like PowerISO or similar software) and you use that disk drive to "burn" a disc but it doesn't actually burn anything, it just runs the files through the NoteBurner software and converts them from .RAX files to DRM-free .MP3s that can in fact be put on a BB.

I'm listening to music I got off Rhapsody on my Curve right now
    05-25-08 12:34 AM
    I guess i don't understand, why don't you just download it from whereever and transfer it to the BB? as long as you get DRM-Free mp3's or remove the DRM it isnt a problem.
    I have over 400 songs on my Creative Zen V Plus, separated into 6 or 7 playlists. I can add and delete songs as I wish, as long as I pay the subscription. It's just easier that way.

I do have plenty of songs on my BB, just not separated into playlists. A BB playlist copies the song, so if you have the same song on multiple playlists, you have multiple copies of that song. A WM playlist (from Napster Rhapsody, etc.) only needs one copy of the song for multiple playlists.
    05-31-08 05:41 PM
    Well I didn't think any programs could remove DRM from music but I've found a few applications that claim to do so.

I found this program called TuneClone that's $35 that I plan on trying out to see if it will work with Rhapsody.
    I purchased TuneClone so that I could transfer the songs I purchased on iTunes to my Curve. In my opinion, it sucks!!!!!!!!! The concept is great; it loads a virtual CD-R drive on your computer, then burns the songs to a virtual disc, retains all the digital data (artwork, title, artist, etc.) and coverts the songs to plain old MP3 format. I have 281 songs purchased on iTunes which by today's standards, really isn't a lot. Unfortunately, it doesn't burn all the songs. It creates virtual CD's but some CD's have only one song on them, others have 12 or more. I've tried several times to burn my purchased playlist and each time, not all the songs get in. There is NO technical support so I have contacted them for a refund. I'll just go and buy a bunch of blank CD's and do it that way...
    08-03-08 10:32 AM
    I have Tunebite and love it.

I have Rhapsody and download the song, remove the DRM using Tunebite and transfer it to my BB. I swear by it. It ransfers the album info and lyrics. It is worth the price.

Just my two cents
    08-03-08 10:50 AM
    I have TuneBite also and will swear by it as well. Works everytime. I use it in conjunction with my old Zune subscription. Don't even own a Zune anymore but the subscription is nice.

Although now that Verizon has the unlimited Rhapsody downloads I may try that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-08 11:28 AM
    I got tunebite as well and successfully migrated my itunes library and was able to get YahooLaunchCast music on there. Really cool app.
    08-03-08 11:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD