I just got my 8330 for verizon and I was wondering whether it was possible to transfer mp3 files to my phone even though I don't have an sd card. thanks.
    06-30-08 01:20 AM
    U r talking about from a computer to ur blackberry right? If so, then I am pretty sure u can but i never tried so myself. Beware though, those mp3 files will kill ur memory!
    06-30-08 01:29 AM
    welcome to CB!
    Yes, you can transfer songs to the phones internal memory but you are gonna eat through your memory and it is not suggested. You will end up causing the phone to run very slow and it will constantly want to delete any call logs or sms, mms and email messages stored. The phone has a cleanup program that will automatically sense when memory is near full and start to delete temporary items. Definitely get an SD card, you will not regret it!!
    06-30-08 01:30 AM
    Oops! Forgot about this one little tidbit: U need a microSD card and not a regular SD card!
    06-30-08 01:30 AM
    Like said above, I've never tried it, but given the average size of an mp3 file and the fact that most of the 96mb of onboard flash memory is already being used....spend a couple dollars and get a card. You'd only be able to carry a couple songs, if any at all. And if price is the issue, you can get a 1 or 2 Gb microSD card now for under $10. I just got a 4Gb card last week on Amazon for $18.90 shipped. Well worth it to avoid the hassle of trying to store them "onboard"
    06-30-08 01:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD