I have a couple of questions for the BBerry gurus, if you please:

We are using an ancient version of ACT (2000) for our database. I'd like to be able to just synch (or move the data) the calendar to my 8330. Other than converting to Outlook, does anyone have any experience or suggestions? Just don't have the time to do a conversion right now.

Also: I have a "compose" icon on my home screen (one of the more knowledgeable Sprint techs helped put it there). It's always sent from my default (work) email address. Suddenly, it's sending from my secondary (personal) address. No changes to the config, so I'm confused.

I was noticing this icon I could not identify - it's a blue rectangle with a diagonal line..half blue, half black. Sprint said it was roaming and told me to upgrade the newest software version (4.5, i believe). Didn't fix the problem. In fact, it seems that the phone is even slower with the newer version.

Suggestions?

Thanks so much for any help you can provide.

Jeff
    10-06-09 09:18 AM
    Anyone? Bueller?
    10-06-09 06:26 PM
    The half blue/black with the plus signs is your Enhanced Call Audio Icon. that setting is changed during a call by pressing the L key, or by Call Logs>Options- adjust your call audio.

Plain blue triangle is your roaming Icon.

Dunno about importing the Calendar, definitely not one of my fortes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by BergerKing; 10-06-09 at 06:35 PM.
    10-06-09 06:33 PM
    As for the default e-mail shift, when you have multiples e-mail addrersses, you will find the device will send from the last address you used. Since I have 4, I have to watch to make sure I send from the right account.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-06-09 06:42 PM
    Thanks, BergerKing. I better start paying attention to the "from" address when I'm composing from that home screen icon.

I do keep my audio loud...especially on speaker/voice mail calls in the car. Also for music and video. Makes sense now.
    10-07-09 07:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD