i tried to install the orange settings from the blackberry site on an o2 8310 which was unlocked using MEPD method but would install and i am unable to get the browser when the orange sim card is in, any ideas
    08-19-09 04:08 PM
    How do you mean install the Orange settings? Do you mean the Orange OS (Operating system)? To install the Orange OS you would need to remove the vendor.xml file first from the download.

But you do not have to have the Orange OS.

Do you have an ACTIVE blackberry tariff from Orange?
    08-19-09 04:24 PM
    still waiting on orange to activate it they said 24 -48 hrs ive just got the phone. a friend who works in the orange shop told me that the orange os had better programmes and themes but i tried removing the vendor xml but it wont pick up the update in blackberry manager then when i try to browse for it it says it wont work on my model?

cheers for replying so quick
    08-19-09 05:11 PM
    Ok

When your blackbaerry tariff is activated you will receive a browser and a registration message so you will then be ready to set up and go.

As for the OS you must ensure the one you download is for the 8310 and not any other model.

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/browseSoftware.do

4.5.0.81 is the latest for the 8310

To remove the vendor.xmil file click start and then run from your PC and type in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader then hit return or select ok. In the box that pops up scroll down and then highlighted and delete the vendor.xml file. Whilst in here you can double click on the loader.exe file and this will install the OS for you no need to use the Desktop Manager,but if you prefer after deleting the vendor.xml file you can then exit and use the DM.

Hope that helps.
    08-19-09 05:26 PM
    thats been a great help thanks still trying to get the new os to install but should gett it chheers
    08-19-09 05:46 PM
    ive only been able to find the 4.5.0.81 os for austrilasia will it work on orange uk
    08-19-09 05:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD