My old 8330 has some 'funny' mms files on it that I would like to move to my Storm. They are in a folder I created called 'Saved Messages' that I guess is on the phone. I would like to select a file and move it to the memory card and put the memory card into the Storm, if that will work. By the way, the 8330 is no longer in service but I can open the files and play them.
    I guess in a nutshell, how do I get them off of the 8330 and onto the Storm?
    Ed
    04-24-09 01:25 PM
    You can backup and restore via Desktop Manager, or use the Switch Device Wizard and you should be all set.
    04-24-09 01:28 PM
    If you have a media card in the Storm, put it into the Curve and save the files to the card.
    04-24-09 01:29 PM
    How do I save the files to the card?
    04-24-09 02:02 PM
    Go to Media, Menu, Explore. Navigate through /Device Memory, Home, User. Look in Videos or Pictures. When you find your files, highlight them, press Menu, Move. Navigate your way back by selevting Up till you get to Media Card. Navigate to the correct folder on the media card, then press Menu, Move Here. Repeat for each file.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-24-09 02:28 PM
    The problem is they are in a folder on my main screen and don't show up in my media files.
    04-24-09 02:36 PM
    When in the message screen, press Menu. Is there an option to save? Even better if you can save to media card directly.

04-24-09 02:38 PM
    No option to save, just 'Move, Hide, Add Folder & Switch Application'. It looks like an envelope with a paper clip on it. Open it up and my saved files are inside. I can play them but can't seem to save them . . .
    04-24-09 02:51 PM
    What happens if you select Move? Is there an option to move it to your memory card?

04-24-09 02:58 PM
    It just lets me move it around the home screen
    04-24-09 03:04 PM
    If they are MMS files, they must be somewhere in your device memory and you should be able to find them using Explore in Media.

Another option is to use Desktop Manager's Roxio Media Manager to view the folders and files in your Device Memory.

04-24-09 03:13 PM
    How about Bluetooth? Have you tried to Bluetooth the files to your Storm?

04-24-09 03:14 PM
    I've peaked in every single file in 'media-explore' and they're not there. I tried media manager and am able to place 16 mms files that I think are them onto the pc side. but when I plug the storm in it goes whacky on me.
    How would I bluetooth them?
    04-24-09 03:23 PM
    Define "whacky". Did you enable Mass Storage Mode on the Storm before you plugged it in?
    04-24-09 03:46 PM
    Actually it was the desktop software that acted a little strange. I pushed the files back onto the storage side of the window and when I plugged the storm in it didn't recognize the storm.
    I must be missing a simple step somewhere . . .
    04-24-09 04:45 PM
    Try connecting the Storm to Desktop Manager before you open the Media Manager App.
    04-24-09 04:47 PM
    I have a 'saved files' folder on my storm and when I explore media I cant find anything there either.
    04-24-09 04:48 PM
    Make a Backup of your Storm just in case. Then use the Device Switch wizard like Adam suggested. It will prompt you to plug in your Curve, then your Storm. Hopefully, your MMS messages in the saved folder transfer over.
    04-24-09 04:54 PM
    Apparently the desktop manager has a bug in because the one at home worked. Thanks for your help. My next quest will be to rename the files to something I can understand. Is there a way to 'save as'?
    04-24-09 05:28 PM
    Apparently the desktop manager has a bug in because the one at home worked. Thanks for your help. My next quest will be to rename the files to something I can understand. Is there a way to 'save as'?
    Only way to rename a file is if you can see it in Media Explore, or Mass Storage Mode, or Roxio Media Manager. If it doesn't show up, then I don't think you can rename it.
    04-24-09 05:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD