So I finally managed to change the housing on my curve, a process that lasted way long and had way more setbacks than i anticipated. Regardless to say, after I had my new housing on and phone working. I realize that there is no sound. To my disappointment I had to disassemble again. But I'm not sure what to look for and how to fix this. Is this a problem I can even fix. The mouthpiece words just fine but I can't hear anything. Please help!! Thanks!
    12-20-08 07:00 PM
    Did you remove the protective plastic from inside the lens?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-20-08 07:02 PM
    Yes I removed all the plastic from the front and back of the lens. I even tried the sound without the faceplate on and still nothing.
    12-20-08 07:06 PM
    Hmmmm, sounds like you may have done somethng to the speaker while prying off the faceplate...

Id simply put the old housing back on and call tmobile, explain the speaker quit working. Dont mention the new housing, it voids the warranty LOL
    12-20-08 07:08 PM
    WOW you are a genius!
    12-20-08 07:11 PM
    Yeah something must have happened do as rachel suggested and don't mention anything about changing the faceplate.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-20-08 07:11 PM
    The phone isn't under warranty anymore, I got it used so I guess I might be screwed on this one. Why oh why did I have to have pink? So do you think it can be fixed or do I need a replacement?
    12-20-08 07:15 PM
    You probably messed with the speaker internally, try the yellowpages to see if there is any small repair stores that maybe able to fix it, there are places out there.
    12-20-08 07:16 PM
    Are the wires ok? Do you see any physical damage on the speaker? There isnt a lot that you can do to a speaker that you can't really see, so make sure you didnt break the wires at the solder. P.S. How did you get that screw out?
    12-20-08 07:28 PM
    I don't see any damage where the speaker is, but I don't know exactly where the speaker is on the inside of the phone. Where would these wires be?

I tried the mighty putty but it didn't work. I bought a better screwdriver and took out all the other screws and just worked on that one until i was able to get it out. Turns out it wasn't stripped but had been bent because it was screwed in too tight.
    12-20-08 07:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD